Career Help, Image Credit: Pixabay
When you’re struggling to find employment it’s not a great place to be but another challenge is often – Where do you go to find that Help?
JobPloy Solutions is all about Showcasing and Rewarding Recruiters and Employers who are following best practice and making life easier for Job Candidates.
Also bringing to your attention organisations and companies providing help to improve the skills shortages in the UK workplace.
✅ The Skill Up Step Up Campaign
✅ Barclays LifeSkills – (We’ll also be talking about The National Careers Service)
✅ National Careers Service
Skill Up Step Up
- This charity works annually with 700 Londoners, aged 16-24, who face serious barriers to work.
- Their six-week Spear Programme develops mindset, skills and attitude to enter employment, including building resilience and managing emotions.
- Thanks to funds of £1m from Barclays, Skill up, Step up aims to upskill unemployed young Londoners so they can be work ready and step up into sustainable jobs or apprenticeships.
- Barclays LifeSkills is an online programme used by 14.6m young people to get work ready.
- Once you’ve set up an account and you start to access it there are various sections for young people to engage with.
Educators, Families, Changing work life, Businesses
- There’s also:
An interactive tool ‘Wheel of Strengths’ which cleverly takes your strengths, character traits and interests.
Then off the back of this suggests career paths for you.
- CV Builder tool that takes the hassle out of producing an effective CV
- One key function of LifeSkills is its responsiveness to different stages of life
- LifeSkills has recently launched a new suite of virtual tools, developed to give every young person insight into the workplace, unlimited interview practice opportunities, and the information they need to succeed at the range of different assessments used in job recruitment.
National Careers Service
- The National Careers Service provides high quality, free and impartial careers advice, information and guidance. Their service is available to anyone aged 13+ no matter what stage of the careers journey they’re at.
- I must say I really rate this service, I myself have used the service previously for research purposes and each time whoever I spoke to was incredibly helpful.
- You really felt that they were on my side.
Services You Can Expect
🔹CV’s and Cover Letters
🔹Understanding the Job Market
🔹Searching and Applying for Jobs
🔹Searching for Courses
🔹Exploring Career Options
For advice and career help over the telephone or face to face, call the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900.
🧿 Founder of Garniche Jobs London
🧿 CEO of the LinkedIn Group: Jobseeker Talk
🧿 CEO & Founder of J O B P L O Y S O L U T I O N S