Entry Level Jobs, Image by Dirk Wouters from Pixabay
There was a time when job candidates searching for entry level jobs could be fairly confident that they were a genuine opportunity to get on the career ladder.
The chance to work hard, learn and develop into a role without qualifications or experience.
Entry Level Jobs
According to Coursera, an entry-level position is typically one you can perform without any prior education or experience because you will likely receive some amount of on-the-job training in order to be successful.
Entry level positions can be either part-time or full-time.
How to Find an Entry Level Job?
Image by Mary Pahlke from Pixabay
There is a worrying trend that many entry level positions are asking for experience and qualifications.
Some are in the crazy zone asking for 5 years or more.
These are the ways you can find genuine entry level positions (information again kindly provided by Coursera).
- Jobs no experience
- Jobs without a degree
More Search Options
Image Credit: Pixabay
Search by the following job titles to discover entry level jobs:
- Search Entry level jobs – Then find those opportunities that will genuinely take candidates with no experience or no skills.
- Recent Graduates
- Graduate Entry Level Jobs
Why Are so Many Entry Level Jobs Asking for Experience?
Image by Mary Pahlke from Pixabay
- The job market as we used to know it has changed almost beyond recognition.
- Unfortunately job candidates now have access to fewer 1st rung ladder jobs where they could be taken on without experience or qualifications.
- According to Top Resume, the internship has taken the place of the post-college, entry level position.
If you graduate without a couple years of work experience under your belt, you’re already at a disadvantage.
Strategies to Help You Succeed
Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay
- Start building your CV with internships
- Skills-based volunteer opportunities before you graduate.
Many internships lead to full-time job opportunities.
How Employers Can Improve Their Employer Brand?
Image by Peggy und Marco Lachmann-Anke from Pixabay
- As an employer do you want to lead or do you want to follow everyone else?
- Although there is a trend for more employers to ask for experience and qualifications (for entry level positions), there are still many not going down that road.
- Recent analysis of over 95,000 jobs by job-matching software company (Talent Works) outlined the difficulties faced by newly qualified Graduates.
- 61% of all full-time jobs seeking entry level employees asked for at least 3 years’ experience.
- By setting these thresholds for limiting the amount of job applications, employers may well be missing out on some great talent.
- Those employers that continue to post jobs that are giving genuine opportunities to candidates to be trained and developed without experience or qualifications could well be putting themselves in pole position.
- To be seen as organisations that are forward-thinking and give genuine opportunities to candidates.
- Therefore attract more of the best potential talent for the future.
Genuine Entry Level Jobs are an incredible opportunity for people without experience and qualifications to get on the employment ladder.
Unfortunately there are less of them than there used to be, however this does present opportunities for employers looking to stand out in the job market.
Those employers and recruiters that grab the bull by the horns and start providing more genuine entry level jobs will be rewarded.
They’ll get a flood of great talent that’s been discarded by others in the recruitment industry and set the organisation up for a brighter future.
You can build a Reputation and Employer Brand for fairness and leading by example.
Is there anything you would like to add?
👉 If you liked this Article then please Subscribe to ‘The JobPloy Solutions📄Newsletter’
JobPloy Solutions Newsletter
Created By Mathew Warboys for JobPloy Solutions
✅ Get Tips and Insider views on what’s happening in the Recruitment World.
✅ We show how employers and recruiters can work with employees and job candidates to bring about real and positive change.
- Whether you’re an Employer, Recruiter, Hiring Manager, Job Candidate or you have an interest in Recruitment – Subscribing to ‘The JobPloy Solutions Newsletter’ means you’re getting that essential inside track information.
- It can also help you to create a blueprint for success.
- This means for Employers, Recruiters and Hiring Managers you’ll attract more high-quality talent because you recognise that things like streamlined application processes, Salary range information and good workplace culture are a winning combination.
- For Job Candidates (and we’re already seeing this) they’ll continue to gravitate towards Employers and Recruiters that they feel understand and address their concerns.
Be Part of the Solution!
👍Treat Yourself to Regular instalments of The Best Recruitment Tips Newsletter
✦ Founder of Garniche Jobs UK
✦ Founder of Garniche Jobs London
✦ Founder of the LinkedIn Group: Jobseeker Talk
✦ CEO & Founder of
J O B P L O Y S O L U T I O N S
1️⃣ Take ‘The Big JobPloy Solutions Recruitment Survey’ – Appear on our Special Recognition Page
2️⃣ Get JobPloy Solutions 📜 Certification
3️⃣ Get a Trusted Employer Listing ✅ Better Branding
4️⃣ Prestigious Employers 🌏 Global Guide
Leave a Reply