Job ID 1098764
Career Level Manager
My clients are are a team of like-minded individuals delivering a commercially designed building services solution; they pride themselves on the quality of their product. They operate from their central London office in mid-town and are firmly established as one of London’s largest privately owned sustainability and engineering services design practices.
They pride themselves on being designers first and foremost, but also offer strategic advice to developers, owners and occupiers across all elements of construction. The majority of their engineers are Low Carbon Consultants and they operate a rolling programme of accreditation in order to demonstrate a sustainability approach to their discipline
My clients are looking for an outgoing and knowledgeable Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team.
The right candidate must be able to think beyond their own discipline and be willing to contribute to collaborative problem solving. This will involve working closely with signature architects and designing innovative and sustainable engineering solutions across a range of sectors, in particular commercial office, high end residential and student accommodation.
Using industry benchmarks, internal standards and a range of cutting edge engineering software and analysis tools, they will ensure the design and delivery of accurate project information are achieved within agreed budgets and timeframes.
They will also be required to act as a point of contact between external and internal design teams, clients and stakeholders. To this end, a minimum of 8 years’ experience is required and project management experience is advantageous.
As a member of the team, they will be expected to;
• Always represent the company in a professional and diligent manner.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, design team, authorities, utilities and associated organisations.
• Attend all meetings with clients, project teams, contractors etc.
• Undertake and deliver high quality detailed engineering design for building services including calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, models, specifications and other documents required.
• Review and management of project from inception to post construction duties.
• Good knowledge of relevant legislations, standards, regulations, guides and good practice.
• Seek, complete and record evidence of, continuing professional development (CPD) in accordance with the requirements of the relevant professional institution.
• Have thorough knowledge of and compliance with company procedures and standards.
• Contribute and assist, as required by the Project Manager or Director on other project commitments.
• Ensure that all work is audited by a colleague.
• Be active, innovative and apply a hands-on approach to project design whilst being responsible for quality, client service and project delivery on time.
• Enhance the feeling of “one team” within the office by encouraging an open, learning environment.
• Provide technical expertise through design reviews and act as a source of information for others.
• Seek to build the company’s capability and enhance company’s reputation / profile within the industry.
• Endeavour to develop other members of staff to ensure the Companies quality ‘goals’ are achieved.
• Contribute to the long-term success of the company.
If this opportunity is of interest to you please send your CV today