Job ID 1184224
Career Level Manager
Main purpose of job
The Data and Advisory teams work together to assess the market and through insight develop and deliver innovative solutions and consultancy to a wide range of energy industry participants including Networks, Suppliers, Third Party Intermediaries, Code Parties and Regulators. The successful applicant will have expert knowledge of the Supplier (and Network) regulatory regime and will have detailed knowledge of end-to end industry processes.
The role will require a flexible approach and ability to work across a number of areas, in order to deliver the company’s operational and strategic objectives.
The main objectives of the Advisory team Consultant will be to:
* Ensure the consultancy team delivery targets are achieved, including revenue generation
* Identify opportunities to work with existing or new customers and develop supporting proposals
* Understand the companys data and how data could also be incorporated into advisory proposals
* Successfully deliver consultancy work packages as assigned by the Head of Services using recognised best practice techniques.
* Support Senior Consultants in the delivery of larger consultancy assignments and the development of bids.
* Build and develop customer relationships
* Work with the Head of Services to identify and secure business development opportunities
The successful applicant will be required to sell consultancy services, take ownership of specific tasks, and deliver quality assignments to customers. The consultant will develop proposals and work plans, assessing risks and engage with stakeholders and may be required to chair/facilitate working group meetings, respond to queries, and producing deliverables such as industry consultations, responses, and reports.
Principal Skills & Experience
The successful applicant should demonstrate knowledge and skills as follows:
* Broad knowledge of UK electricity and gas markets including knowledge of industry governance arrangements
* Consultancy skills including strong stakeholder engagement, assignment scoping and delivery.
* Communication – excellent verbal and written communication at all levels.
* Ability to build enduring relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Flexibility – picking up new knowledge quickly and carrying out activities relating to a wide variety of subject matter.
* Influencing – participating in working groups and leading debate to ensure an appropriate workable solution is developed.
* Organisation skills – working independently on a number of different work streams, setting clear work plans and meeting milestones.
* Self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a team
* Confident engagement skills when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
* Ability to sell consultancy services to industry parties.
* Team-player with the ability to work collaboratively in a small team or across internal business functions.
* Problem solver motivated by the opportunity to address industry issues and present them in a methodical and reasoned manner.
Flexible – able to work in a number of potentially non-related areas at any given time requiring a disciplined approach to the re-prioritisation of deliverables