Job ID 1184910
Career Level Manager
Location: Mortlake, South West London (flexible working considered)
Contract: Full time, Maternity Leave Cover from Feb 2023 to April 2024.
Salary: £37,000 per annum.
We are looking for an exceptional and motivated fundraiser for this exciting role. The role centres on the stewardship and cultivation of both major donors and the next generation of philanthropists and relationship skills are vital. You will also plan and deliver Missing People’s biggest annual fundraiser, the Night of Light Gala, manage our Fundraising Board and additional events within the Major Donor team. Working closely with the Senior Philanthropy and Partnerships manager, you will be responsible for identifying, agreeing and planning the approach of high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs) to raise vital funds for Missing People to an agreed annual target.
• Identify, research and approach prospective new major donors to meet agreed targets;
• Provide the Chief Executive/Directors/senior level volunteers with the donor insight and cultivation structure so they can build relationships with major donors;
• Project manage Missing People’s annual Night of Light gala
• Ensure the delivery of high-quality regular updates, reports and a range of ways to engage with the charity’s work/projects to ensure they feel informed, thanked and recognised;
• Ensure high quality data is input to NXT/Raisers Edge and supporter records are maintained in line with the charity’s Data Protection Policy
Management and Leadership
• Create outstanding relationships with your fellow colleagues in order to maximise fundraising opportunities for the best interest of the charity
• Allocate work and provide development opportunities for staff and volunteers reporting to you to inspire them and ensure effective performance;
• Provide income and expenditure budgets and regular reforecasts to ensure financial security to the charity
About Missing People
Somebody goes missing in the UK every 90 seconds. Missing People exists to ease the heartache experienced by those missing someone, and to help people who are away from home find their way back to safety. Our vision is for every missing child, adult and family left behind to find help, hope and a safe way to reconnect. We are a non-judgemental, highly skilled team of staff and volunteers working for everyone who needs us. We provide free, confidential support, help and advice by phone, email, text and live chat. We coordinate a UK-wide network of people, businesses and media to join the search for the estimated 170,000 people who go missing each year. Missing People aims to put people with lived experience at the heart of our work, amplifying their voices to achieve change.
Missing People is a friendly and supportive place to work – it’s a welcoming, caring organisation which really makes a difference to vulnerable people throughout the UK. We offer a range of enhanced family friendly benefits and are happy to talk about flexible working in most roles.
If you want to be a lifeline when someone goes missing, click apply. You will find attached a detailed job description and person specification, a letter to applicants from the line manager and a summary of Missing People's Achievements 2022.
To apply, please ensure you include your CV and a brief covering letter explaining how you would be a good fit for this role. We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: 23:59 on 15 January 2023.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient interest, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Interviews: 17, 18, 19, 20 January 2023
Benefits: Missing People is 14th on the Sunday Times “100 Best Not-for-profit Organisations to Work for” List 2019 and offers the below benefits: 25 days annual leave per annum/pro rata plus statutory holidays plus 1 day birthday leave, Additional annual leave days awarded on length of service* Company pension contribution, Life insurance (3 x salary)* Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including 24/7 support helpline Interest-free Season Ticket Loans* Additional maternity pay and leave* Additional paternity pay* Additional sick pay* Eye care vouchers* available after probation period passed.
You may have experience in the following roles: Donor Manager, Fundraising Manager, Marketing Manager Donor Development, Fundraising Account Manager, Charity Fundraising, Head of Fundraising, Donor Development, Not for Profit Fundraising, Fundraising Manager, Head of Donations, Donations Manager, Donor Development Manager, Events Fundraiser, Marketing Fundraiser, Head of Corporate Fundraising, Head of Corporate Donations, Fund Manager etc
REF-(Apply online only)