Job ID 1185057
Career Level Manager
Client: Our client is a specialist Main contractor based out of Central London. Only forming 5 years ago they have quickly grown into a true specialist with repeat business for blue chip clients. A solid turnover of £15m for 2022 looking for that to grow again this year.
The business is not an aggressive player, but a contractor that wins work off the back of solid relationship, award-winning designs, and quality delivery. Due to strong balance sheets and cash reserves, they can maintain an excellent supply chain that is held to high industry standards.
Their key sectors are hotels, leisure, residential, commercial fit out, retail and hospitality. They have a proven track record of delivering projects on time and withing budget.
Role: Technical Services Manager – London – Salary up to £95,000 + Package
The successful candidate will be working on a conversion of an office block into high end apartments.
* Attend, and chair where appropriate, meetings with designers, specialist contractors and other team members.
* Contribute to the regular Project Report and attend Project Meetings.
* Review designers and contractor’s drawings for completeness of information and compliance with contract requirements (specification, ER, etc).
* Organise and control the effective release of information where there are shortfalls or errors in the design.
* Check ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements.
* Provide expertise in planning and executing the building services engineering commissioning.
* Responsible for the delivery of the building services engineering works on their projects.
* Provide guidance in the production of the project programme.
* Prepare and monitor progress against a Commissioning programme
* Produce monthly Engineering Services Status Report for their project(s).
* Contribute Value Engineering skills and assist the Financial Manager in costing variation works.
* Propose appropriate specialist contractors, systems and manufacturers for the project.
* Contribute engineering services content to proposal team for inclusion in Tender Proposals.
* Represent the company at Pre-qualification and Tender meetings and presentations.
* To use and manage our procedures as outlined on the electronic library.
* Internal reporting to line manager including keep fully informed of issues and potential risks to the business.
The ideal candidate will have:
* 5 years’ industry experience
* Good general knowledge of building services engineering systems and their implementation.
* Good communicator.
* Competent in Health and Safety management.
* Programme oriented.
* Good organiser and able to implement systems.
* Ability to build relationships e.g. marketing relationships with external professionals and clients, strategic relationships with contractors and suppliers.
In return they offer:
* A healthy pipeline of work
* Opportunities for Progression within a specialist contractor