Job ID 1185144
Career Level Manager
Support Worker – Supported Living / Mental Health – £24.5k to £25k + allowances + excellent benefits – SE London
This is an opportunity for an experienced Support Worker to join a not-for-profit organisation that provides supported living and supported housing services for vulnerable individuals who have experienced social exclusion, disadvantages or homelessness but have retained the capacity to make independent choices. They work proactively with their partners to support their residents through their journey to independence and social inclusion.
The Support Worker will take a person-centred approach and work within a high or medium support service, housing vulnerable adults with enduring mental health and challenging behaviours. The post holder will empower the residents and support them on their journey to independent living, whilst along the way help to make each day of their lives as fulfilling and meaningful as possible.
* £24.5 to £25k, with a review due in January 2023 + sleep-in allowance of £70
* Excellent benefits package that includes; enhanced holidays, healthcare and wellness, learning and development, etc.
* Permanent, full-time role, 37.5 hours/week
* Various shifts on a rota basis, including day, evening and occasional weekend and sleep-in shifts (allowance paid for sleep-in shifts)
* South West London
* Undergraduate degree or vocational qualification in health and social care.
* At least 2 years’ experience as a Support Worker within mental health services.
* Good knowledge of mental health-related illnesses.
* Great administration and organisation skills.
* Experience of working with caseloads of clients.
* Strong computer skills and digital dexterity.
* Experience in using Customer Relationship Management systems and databases.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to communicate appropriately with people at all levels.
* Self-motivated and able to use own initiative to find solutions.
* Warm and friendly demeanour with a positive and open-minded attitude.
* A genuine desire to want to make a difference and help disadvantaged individuals to have meaningful and purposeful lives.
* Must have right to work in the UK
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
* Commit to a 24hr premises rota to ensure safety and security of tenants and ensure that unauthorised persons are not permitted into the premises.
* To be responsible for a caseload of clients and for completing personalised needs and safety assessments, creating person centred support plans and identifying SMART goals with the active involvement of tenants and where possible their relatives and other professionals involved in their support provision.
* Review needs assessments, risk assessments and support plans regularly.
* Whilst liaising with Revenues & Benefit Officer, support tenants with welfare benefits and housing options.
* Manage daily interactions and tenant queries in a way which provides reassurance and understanding.
* Assist in the reception of tenants, relatives and visitors to the Accommodation and maintain excellent hospitality.
* Perform routine health, safety, security and surveillance checks to monitor tenant wellbeing.
* To handle incidents in a calm and professional manner and to fully record and report all occurrences.
* Ensure tenants are aware of all appointments and accompanied to such appointments if needed.
* Attend supervision sessions and training and review, external partner agencies.
* Supporting tenants with social inclusion, and empowering them to be involved in education and employment.
* Maintain full and accurate records using the relevant reports.
* To support in clearing and re-furnishing vacancy rooms in preparation for re-letting