Job ID 1185178
Career Level Manager
Brand Centre Manager
London – Mayfair
About the Role
Many of the world’s best-known premium and luxury brands, automotive and beyond, have a retail presence in London’s upmarket Mayfair district. Early next year Lotus will join them.
We are recruiting for a rare and exciting opportunity to join Lotus as our first Brand Centre Manager for our new and purpose-built showroom in the heart of London. This is an exciting opportunity as Lotus expands into new markets to create a new customer experience by transitioning into a direct sales model.
This role will be leading a team to deliver a retail experience that sits outside the traditional automotive buying experience.
We are looking for an experienced leader who is passionate about creating an unparalleled customer experience for anyone who walks through the door. This role will be instrumental in the transformation of Lotus from a UK based sports car company to a truly global performance car brand. It is an innovative and exciting place to work where everyone enjoys striving to deliver the best for their clients in fast moving global markets.
Key responsibilities include:
* Responsible for the Brand Centre including product displays, IT and digital tools, merchandise and all touch points.
* Act as a brand ambassador and role modelling Lotus behaviours, embedding this into the work environment and team.
* Have a constant focus on the Brand to continually drive engagement, knowledge and passion across the store team.
* Maintaining a commercial mindset and actively converting opportunities to drive footfall and overall performance.
* Actively seeking local marketing strategies and events to be held in the Brand Centre to increase footfall, KPI’s and sales.
* Lead, train and coach your team through a unified goal to deliver the highest quality customer experience.
* Ensure the Centre is resourced accordingly for footfall, opening hours and in-store events.
* Understand market trends within the Brand and its competitors to elevate Lotus products and services.
* Feedback customer insights to the factory and product teams to ensure the direct sales model continually evolves in line with customer expectations.
* Deliver results year on year in line with strategic plans and KPI’s.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience in managing customer orientated environment
* Previous experience working in luxury retail, hospitality or similar environment
* A strong background in the operational management of a large luxury retail, hospitality, or similar site
* A passion for consistently delivering exceptional customer experience
* Previous leadership experience with excellent mentor/coaching skills
* Able to demonstrate sound commercial and brand awareness.
* Previous experience of working with financial products
* A strong communicator with exceptional verbal and written skills
* Flexible to work as required to meet the business needs
* Results oriented – driving a high performing customer centric culture
* Previous experience working for a luxury automotive brand
* Experience of the operational set up and opening of a large retail site
Lotus is to open a network of global stores in major cities around the world. The London store, at 73 Piccadilly, on the corner of Berkeley Street, sits directly opposite one of the most famous buildings in the UK’s capital city – the iconic Ritz Hotel and will attract a global audience.
Currently under construction, the all-new Lotus store’s prime position makes it the perfect location to offer direct sales of Lotus cars to customers. As a brand beacon it will boast more than 450m2 of stunning retail space over two floors and serve as the perfect shop window for the Eletre hyper-SUV, the Emira sports car and the Evija hypercar.
The ground floor has space to show three Lotus cars in a spectacular environment and will include a full Lotus merchandise retail outlet. Below will be a VIP lounge for visiting customers – existing or future – and a full Lotus digital configuration suite. The store will also provide a discreet London home for clients of Lotus Advanced Performance, the bespoke and experiential division of the business launched earlier this year.
The store will open in early Spring with a launch event, celebrating the latest milestone in the ongoing transformation of Lotus from a UK sports car company to a global performance business and brand.
Geoff Dowding, Executive Director, Sales and Aftersales, Lotus, commented: “This flagship facility will allow anyone to see our exciting three-car range, understand our brand, speak with a Lotus Expert, configure a car using state-of-the-art digital e-commerce technology and even reserve it through our recently launched e-commerce platform.”
He added: “As this is the first of our global stores and as it’s in the very centre of London, we fully expect Lotus Mayfair to attract many visitors from around the world. As such, it will play host to some of the most amazing Lotus cars from today and yesterday – including from our legendary racing past – as well as a packed calendar of events at the store.”
News of the forthcoming Lotus Mayfair store was shared with more than 300 representatives of the Lotus international network at the brand’s first Global Retailer Conference since the launch of the Vision80 strategy to transform the business and brand. Staged at Hethel, UK – the home of Lotus since 1966 – to showcase the Norfolk site’s £100million redevelopment. VIP guests had travelled from as far away as New Zealand and Hawaii for a deep dive into the future of Lotus.
They were among the first in the world to drive the critically acclaimed Emira, the last petrol-powered car from Lotus, and were given a thrilling glimpse of exciting new products to be launched in the coming months.
What we offer you
In addition to a competitive salary, you will have access to the following benefits:
* Competitive Holiday entitlement
* 6% pension contribution
* Discretionary annual bonus scheme, based on your contribution and the performance of the company
* Group income protection based on length of service
* Family Friendly policies
* Exclusive Employee discount, wellbeing and recognition platform #ForUSLOT
We reserve the right to close this role early if a high volume of applicants is received