Job ID 1185439
Career Level Manager
Our Client, a leading Building and Civil Engineering Contractor, operating throughout the UK and Ireland are seeking a talented Project Manager with prior healthcare experience to deliver on both new build and refurbishment projects. The value of the projects will vary between £20m up to £70m and are located in and around the London area so travel is expected within the role.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
* Understanding of the contract requirements as contained within the tender documentation and an understanding of the key aspects of the project Conditions of Contract.
* Comprehensive understanding of the tender pricing structure and strategy, including tender prelims allowance and develop a strategy to work.
* Creation of effective and realistic Procurement Schedule in conjunction with the Project Quantity Surveyor (PQS).
* Lead the subcontractor procurement process and ensure subcontractors are appointed in a timely manner. • Complete regular commercial reviews in relation to all budgetary (cost/value) aspects of the project.
* Possess a thorough understanding of the CVR process.
* Attend subcontractor Pre-Start meetings and play an active role.
* Identify and promote commercial opportunities in particular, possible contractual claims.
* Work closely with the pre-construction team particularly with the development of tender project programme, as well as developing construction methodology and logistical plans.
* Make sure all site management and operatives are sufficiently trained and identify any training needs.
* Oversee all administrative aspects of the project and ensure they are managed and implemented effectively.
* Manage and build positive working relationship with clients.
* Convey high personal levels of professionalism and presentation at all times.
* Compile an Information Release Schedule which identifies specific timescales for release of all information from designers, clients, statutory bodies and issue to all relevant parties.
* Ensure daily safety briefing/coordination meetings with subcontractors take place.
* Possess a knowledge and compliance of all relevant H&S legislation as well as the company H&S Policy and individual role responsibilities.
* Ensure that the Project H&S File / O&M’s / Building Manuals are produced and submitted timeously.
* Ensure specified quality standards are understood within the project team, supply chain and ensure they are delivered on site