Job ID 1185450
Career Level Manager
1. To promote positive outcomes and change in people’s lives by utilising social work methods, models and tool, to support people to be independent, safe and with a focus on their wellbeing.
2. To carry out assessment of the care and support needs of individuals in line with the Care Act 2014 and the regulations and statutory guidance that support this.
3. Supporting adults to identify appropriate services and where eligible to enable access to the appropriate services or provision that meets this need.
4. To work with and listen to carers, providing the necessary intervention to enable carers to continue in their role without detriment to their own wellbeing.
5. Ensure concerns are responded to appropriately in line with the London Multi-Agency Adults Safeguarding Procedures and Policy and inter-agency safeguarding policies.
6. Recognise and respond to safeguarding concerns, identify risks to adult/s and mitigate them with a duty visit and safeguarding plan, where we can with agreement from the individual.
7. Undertake and lead on safeguarding enquires in line with section 42 duties, with focus on promoting the principles of Making Safeguarding Personal.
8. Lead on Section 42(2) responses where the individual is currently receiving support in your service area.
9. To apply the Mental Capacity Act where the situation requires and support actions to be undertaken in the best interest of those we work with.
10. Enable service user / residents to have information, advice and guidance in an accessible way so that they feel informed about care and support services and feel able to contribute and access the support available in their networks and community.
11. Support effective working relationships with your colleagues across adult social care and in the Council, as well as external organisations to collaboratively support residents.
12. Maintain up to date and accurate records, demonstrating sound evidenced based practice and knowledge, alongside professional curiosity.
13. To be willing to train and operate as a BIA and/or AMCP.
14. To regularly monitor and carry out reviews within guidelines of the Care Act timely 6 weeks/12 months reviews of services provided to service users within allocated caseload.
15. To update Support plans following reviews.
16. Keep up to date with developments in best practice to ensure your knowledge, skills and ability in social work continually develops in line with evidence based practice