Career Level Manager
Reporting to: Finance and Operations Manager
Hours of Work:Full time – 8am – 5pm
Salary: starting on £24-27k pro rata depending on experience and qualification
JDS are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their team in Crayford, Kent.
The successful Accounts Assistant must have a through working knowledge of Sage Line 50 Accounts, Sage payroll would be beneficial but not essential.
You will be passionate about accounts with an exceptional attention to detail and have effective and clear communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
The ideal Accounts Assistant will have strong commercial experience with Sage, meaning you will be able to pick up the core job duties involved in this role with ease including current processes.
At JDS career progression is highly encouraged and future opportunities of applying for team leader and management positions will be available to those who show the desire and commitment to take the next step and responsibilities.
The purpose of the role will be to ensure all company accounts duties are completed accurately and
This includes but is not limited to:
* Managing and reconciling Accounts for 2 companies using Sage Line 50 Accounts
* Using Sage Pay to make payments as required
* Bank Reconciliations
* Credit Control
* Customer Invoicing
* Assisting with preparation of Monthly Management Accounts/WIPS/P&L Reports/Budget Spreadsheets
* Weekly Expenses
* Petty Cash
* Credit Card Expenses and reconciliation
* Send out monthly statements to customers
* Purchase ledger
* Investigating and solving any discrepancies for price/quantity with suppliers
* Dealing with supplier and customer queries as and when received.
* Allocate and post payments to the relevant supplier / customer accounts
* Reconcile supplier statements
* Any other general accounts and administration duties as and when required
* CIS deductions and DRC invoices from subcontractors
Background and Experience Essential
* Previous experience of working as an Accounts Assistant
* Experience with the use of Sage 50, and ideally Sage Payroll, Sage Pay
* Experience with the use of IT systems e.g. Word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint
* Appropriate level of data protection, security awareness and confidentiality awareness
The successful Accounts Assistant
The ideal candidate for the role will possess: –
An advanced level of computer skills will need to be evidenced focusing on Microsoft Office in particular, Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Attention to detail
Capacity to work under pressure
Results and Customer service focused
Discretion and confidentiality is essential
Drive and passion
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Flexibility and open to change
Initiative, self-motivated, organised
High level of verbal and written skills
Consistently display positive, professional and approachable behaviours – displaying the company behaviours
Work co-operatively with others as part of a team.
Acting on initiative
Work well under pressure and to deadlines
Experience in prioritising conflicting workloads
Flexibility to travel when required eg meetings with clients on sites
Working Hours Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Pension scheme available
Death in Service cover available
Healthcare scheme available after two years
3-month probationary period
Sociable company with regular events throughout the year
Welcoming environment and friendly team
Progression and training available
Full training on company specific/internal systems (Big Change) will be provided
Appointment is subject to successful interviews, completion of an application form, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and two satisfactory references.
Some of our vacancies receive high numbers of applications and we may close the vacancy early when we have reached a maximum number of applications, you are advised to submit your application as early as possible