Career Level Manager
Assistant Quantity Surveyor (2-4 years post graduate experience)
Southwark – Projects throughout Central London
£35,000 – £45,000 + package (depending on experience)
About the Company:
Our privately owned client who is based in Central London, is a leading name within the demolition industry having been established for over 25 years. Working throughout Greater London, their services include demolition, asbestos removal, temporary works, strip out, remediation and earthworks and their strong reputation for successfully finishing challenging projects has been built on delivery and trust.
Our client has an excellent staff retention level which has been gained by constantly focusing on improving standards. They are renowned for looking after their employees, providing them with strong career progression opportunities through their extensive commitment to training and development and with their close management team; they are able to offer a strong family feel to the business.
About the opportunity:
Due to company expansion, my client is recruiting permanently for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who holds 2-4 years post graduate experience, to join their commercial team. The purpose of this role is to support the Commercial Manager in the successful commercial and financial management of demolition projects and tenders.
Key Duties with include:
* Prompt presentation for all applications for payment and Final Accounts, including all contractual entitlements.
* Ensuring that all payments are received accordance with the contract terms.
* Preparation and presentation of monthly Cost Value Reconciliations (CVR) and final cost/value forecasts.
* Forward work schedules and cash flows.
* Procurement, negotiation and placing of sub-contract orders.
* Financial and commercial management of sub-contracts through settlement of Final Accounts.
* Ensuring all contractual letters/notices are presented in accordance with the contract requirements.
* Preparation of appropriate documentation in support of additional payments, variations, entitlements etc.
* Commercial support to both project delivery and estimating teams within the company.
About the requirements:
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you should meet the following criteria:
* Experience of working for a contractor / sub-contractor in the UK.
* Experience of working on large, complex, technical schemes in London.
* Working knowledge of JCT forms of contract.
* IT Literate, particularly Microsoft Office Applications.
* Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
* Be a good communicator at all levels.
* Hold a related Degree/HND/HNC in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management or similar.
* A minimum of 2 years post grad experience.
About the benefits and rewards:
For professionals at the right level of experience, our client is offering a basic salary of £35,000 to £45,000 per annum (depending on how much experience gained), in addition to the usual company benefits associated with a leading civil engineering contractor.
How to apply:
If interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your CV to me or call the main office landline to discuss further