Career Level Manager
£80,000 + Bonus + Benefits
North Gate is helping an established multinational dispute resolution and forensic services consultancy. The business provides a range of specialist technical dispute resolution, claims and expert witness services in the UK and internationally to the engineering and building sectors on major projects. They support some of the world’s largest client businesses, contracting organisations and law firms on major projects.
This opportunity is for an Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who may have been exposed to problem designs and claims relating to technical aspects of mechanical design and the impact this can have on the delivery of projects. The business feels it needs to strengthen its expertise in respect to Mechanical design and engineering. With its support it will enable the individual to take his technical experience on further and to work with their other experienced staff and clients in order develop toward being a specialist consultant on these types of issues and overall an Expert Witness. This organisation works at the forefront of this niche area are handling some of the largest and most disputed projects in the world.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate extensive experience in the design and construction of a wide range of Mechanical systems, good technical knowledge, excellent analytical skills, and will ideally have had some exposure to disputes though this might not be essential. The ideal qualities of this person will be:
* Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer, ideally chartered MCIBSE or IMechE
* Additional legal qualifications or a willingness to gain these is desirable but not essential
* At least 15 years industry experience working on / leading design of Mechanical systems
* Exposure to major Building projects (Residential, Healthcare, Education, Industrial, Retail, Commercial etc), but equally M&E related rail, civils and petrochemical projects are also of interest as the company works across all sectors
* You will be technically excellent and have the ability to understand and formulate design decisions and understand product information and specifications.
* Good commercial sense and financial acumen and an understanding of the financial and management aspects of running a project on time and on budget would be advantageous.
* Experience with construction contracts such as NEC, JCT, FIDIC etc.
* Very good written and verbal English language skills
* An analytical approach to problems and an enquiring mind
* Someone presentable and client facing
* A strong team player
There is an open mind as to the level of contentious / claims / legal / dispute experience needed as the business is long established and has a significant legal capability that this person can work with and develop their knowledge with.
The most suitable candidate may be someone who has enjoyed design and managing design and currently in a more hands on design role on major projects but now wants to move away from this and specialise in a respected and rewarding field.
This opportunity offers exceptional short and long term career prospects. With opportunities for self-development and promotion. We stress to all interested parties that all applications of interest will be treated in the utmost confidence. Please ask for Barry Haylett who will be able to tell you more about the organisation and opportunity