Career Level Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full time Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist to be part of our welcoming and supportive team at our Blackheath Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre in South East London, with amazing opportunities for clinical development in neurorehabilitation.
You will be working onsite at our inpatient centre across two units, the Heathside Neurodisability Unit for clients with complex physical neurodisability (Level 2a Unit), and the Thames Brain Injury Rehabilitation Unit (Level 1 Unit) which works with clients with primary cognitive impairment and challenging behaviour.
You will be a key part of an experienced and progressive SLT team in assessing and managing complex patients with communication, cognition, social and swallowing needs. You will be comfortable working as part of an effective and dynamic multidisciplinary team to ensure that patient-centred goals are at the core of our treatment.
As a part of our SLT you will:
* Provide assessment and management of communication and swallowing disorders and devise evidence-led programmes for patients at a specialist level
* Maintain high standards of clinical care in line with national guidance for excellence
* Work as a Named Therapist to ensure cohesive goal-setting and therapy and coordinating discharge
* Provide clinical supervision and informal mentoring of Speech and Language Therapy assistants and students where appropriate
* Participate in internal training (induction, mandatory training, MDT in-service).
* Ensure all relevant codes of practice and regulations are upheld
* Participate in service delivery audit and quality improvement initiatives
For this role you will have:
* BSc or recognised Postgraduate Diploma in Speech and Language Therapy
* Current HCPC registration.
* Experience in working with aphasia, cognitive communication disorder, dysarthria, apraxia and dysphagia is necessary
* Possess excellent organisation and communication skills
* Experience in this specialist clinical area, including evidence of post-graduate training in working with people with acquired neurological impairments is desirable.
* Be an excellent interpersonal worker, maintaining consistent and effective workplace relationships
* Able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
* Specialist level dysphagia competency on RCSLT framework
We can offer you a comprehensive induction, mentoring and ongoing professional development in line with the role, with great opportunities to broaden your skill base and develop your leadership skills along with our below benefits.
* Flexible working opportunities
* Wellbeing support and activities
* Enhanced sick pay
* Enhanced maternity pay
* Employee Assistance programme
* Pension contribution
About The Company
specialists in care. believers in people.
The Huntercombe Group is an expert in specialist mental health, neuro-rehabilitation and complex care across the UK.
With over 30 years’ practical experience and knowledge as an independent provider, dealing with some of the most complex cases nationally, we understand mental health and complex care in a way few others do