Job ID 1276908
Career Level Manager
This is a remote position.
THE ARE A NUMBER OF VANCANICES FOR THIS ROLE:
This role is a home and field-based role with occasional attendance at our office in Manchester.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will report to the BD Director
This is role is fundamental to the success of the company’s Pre-employment department.
This role involves the implementation of the organisations B2B sales and marketing strategy.
Promoting our core Pre-employment standards to increase engagement of small, medium and large sized employers.
Hit departmental KPIs.
Identify and secure new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services for our Pre-employment division.
Work closely with your allocated progression coordinator to maximize employment outcomes for our learners
Seek out the appropriate contacts in an organisation.
Generate leads and initiate contact with prospective employers and referral partners.
Meet with clients face to face, via teams or over the phone.
Generate pre-employment course opportunities.
Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these utilising our Groups training portfolio.
Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and set aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business.
Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes.
Have a good understanding of our Pre-employment courses and be able to advise others about them.
Ensure staff are on board throughout the organisation, and understand the need for change and what is required of them.
Maintain accurate records and information on employers, training and interview feedback.
Ensure accurate employer job descriptions and training needs are communicated across the department.
Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
Seek ways of improving the way the business operates.
Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world and educational landscape.
· Contribute to the overall sales strategy of the ourGroup
· Advise employers of co investment opportunities.
· Take the sales lead in delivering presentations to potential clients
· Source and initiate contact with suitable potential clients
· Attend exhibition and network opportunities
· Complete weekly reports on the pipeline and individual performance
· Attend best practice meetings with the sales and progression team
· Maintain the company’s core values
· Keep abreast of funding changes and growth opportunities within the industry
The key responsibilities for this role are:
In common with all the other staff:
· To support the our mission, vision, values and strategic objectives;
· To implement our Equality and Diversity policies and to work actively to overcome discrimination on grounds of all protected characteristics; sex, race, religion/belief, disability, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy/maternity, gender reassignment status, marriage/civil partnership status.
· To take responsibility for one’s own professional development and participate in relevant internal and external activities.
· To implement the our health and safety policies and practices.
· To contribute to our commitment to continuous improvement as identified in our quality assurance systems.
· To be committed to our safeguarding procedures and high priority given to the safeguarding of learners
Experience in a B2B sales environment and must be able to demonstrate that they can win new business in the FE and training sector.
Overachieve demanding sales targets and work to tight deadlines.
Experience of selling recognised qualifications.
Experience of working in educational environments in FE and Skills Sector, especially adult provision.
Recognised Sales qualification Level 2 or above
Holds a management qualification Level 3 or above
L2 GCSE Maths and English
L2 ICT Qualification
L2 IAG Qualification or working towards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
Project management skills
Initiative and good decision-making skills
Good networking skills
Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch
An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with clients.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
Ability to analyse sales figures and write reports.
Strong organisational skills.
The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
The ability to think strategically.
Good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets.
A professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients.
Commitment to travel
An understanding of and commitment to Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding and practical ideas for their implementation in this post.