Job ID 1276331
Career Level Manager
The postholder will work as part of a dynamic, fast paced and high-profile team, providing a highly efficient, confidential and professional service, ensuring the smooth running of the office of the chief officer (CO). They will deliver an effective business management support service, supporting the chief officer to ensure their portfolio of work/activities is planned and managed effectively, taking the lead in assisting in their successful delivery. They will work without supervision and plan, prioritise and manage complex and conflicting priority workloads whilst using their own judgement.
The business manager is required to be adaptive and responsive to the requirements of the chief officer and will be expected to operate proactively, pre-empting their needs. They will be responsible for identifying and managing urgent and contentious issues, ensuring that the CO is appropriately briefed.
• The key day to day lead for the office of the chief officer – being the helpful, proactive face of the office of the chief officer and their department.
• Line manage executive assistants – ensuring regular 1:1s, appraisals and objective setting take place.
• Day to day administrative support and effective gate keeping (managing the chief officer’s time) through high quality, comprehensive and efficient diary management
• Pro-active inbox management – reviewing and prioritising e-mails received, re-directing as appropriate for action and drafting responses where possible.
• Lead on the prioritisation of actions and tasks
• Effective proactive coordination of the CO’s time to enable efficient delivery of actions, deadlines and priorities and ensuring adequate thinking time is included.
• Being responsible for all key meeting administration support to the chief officer, where necessary working with other executive support colleagues, to enable efficient working and best use of time. Ensuring the preparation and collation of all necessary papers in advance, booking meeting rooms, agendas, cover sheets, minutes, note taking and actions.
• Prepare presentations and briefing notes for the CO and senior staff within the department as required.
• Be the main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, building relationships and be responsible for the management of related communication activities.
• Event and workshop management, leading on set up and logistics including any required administrative support.
• Timely co-ordination of all information and data collation required for submissions
• Co-ordination of complaint responses and chasing up the relevant departments when required and ensuring chief officer sign off (working with the complaints team and others to ensure correspondence is written appropriately and in line with the chief officer’s tone of voice)
• Support recruitment processes as required
• Wider input and support across the department and interface with other support staff within the department, including ensuring that internal team processes are managed efficiently.
• Timely support to the chief officer to manage invoices, raising purchase orders as appropriate, liaising with finance staff and shared business services as necessary
• To work across the executive support team and where appropriate across departments/directorates to cover workload gaps and staff leave.
• Be available in the office when the CO is also on site, to enable effective working, improved support and cross departmental working