Career Level Manager
Caretaker – Social Housing
PRG have been exclusively retained by a leading Private Social Housing Landlord who owns, operates and manages over 5,000 rental properties across London on behalf of local authorities, councils and private investors.
The company provide social housing, emergency and temporary accommodation across London and the South East to London local authorities to help reduce the demand for housing across the capital.
After recently acquiring a three apartment blocks in Ilford, the company is looking to expand and requires a full time Caretaker with Maintenance skills to assist with managing three apartment blocks compromising of 120 apartments that house social tennants.
Expectations for this Caretaker role (not limited too):
* Previous experience as a Caretaker looking after apartment blocks, residential homes, social housing blocks, hostels etc.
* Willing to be based full time on site in Ilford, London
* Basic maintenance grounds keeping and cleaning duties of communal areas
* Maintenance tasks which include – painting and decorating, replacing door handles, locks, changing lights, basic plumbing, minor electrical works, tiling/replacing floors
* Your own set of tools will be required
* Cleaning of communal areas, VOID cleaning etc..
* Conducting Safety checks making sure the building is safe and secure at all times
* Maintaining grounds, garden areas clean and tidy at all times
Caretaker Duties Include and are not limited to the following
* Showing around new tenants, being the go to person on site tenants can see for any issues that may arise
* Carrying out regular building maintenance of properties, cleaning communal areas making sure all areas are presentable
* Maintenance tasks which include – painting and decorating, replacing door handles, locks, changing lights etc, fixing leaks, minor electrical repairs, fixing toilets, light plumbing etc.
* Liaising with Head office to report any major repairs or issues that will appear
* The ideal applicant must be friendly, welcoming and happy to help passionate about managing a hostel compassionate and understanding that the residents are vulnerable adults.
Experience working is social housing is preferred although applicants for other backgrounds will be considered.
Due to the nature of the role and regular reporting to head office, applicants need to hold a valid, full UK driving licence.
Please contact Mike Fernandez to discuss this role. Alternatively, please apply online today and one of our colleagues will be in touch to discuss your application further