Job ID 1267148
Career Level Manager
Caretaker – £24,856 per annum – London, W10
Do you take pride in your work and have a passion for building maintenance? If so, we are looking for you!
We are seeking a proactive and dedicated Caretaker to join our Facilities Team. Working closely under the Facilities Manager your primary responsibility will be to maintain the security and presentation of our buildings and grounds, providing excellent customer service and ensuring continuity of use for our tenants and community.
The key responsibilities of a Caretaker include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for light maintenance and housekeeping duties across the Trust’s buildings and estate.
* Perform simple repairs and maintenance tasks as required.
* Conduct security checks of the Trust’s properties across the estate, involving opening buildings and locking all doors and windows when not in operation.
* Inspecting buildings, including heating, cooling, lighting and alarm systems to make sure they are in good working order.
* For the general upkeep of buildings, sourcing, booking and supervising contractors for minor repairs working with the Facilities Team.
* Work with the Grounds & Gardens team to ensure Westway Trust’s land remains clean and tidy at all times (fly-tipping/bins/parking).
* Liaising with colleagues to assist in the unit base parking operations.
* Monitoring of bin collections and cleaning and re-arranging as required.
* Preparing rooms for meetings and events, including the moving of equipment such as tables and chairs.
* Liaising with Events Team to deliver support to events.
* Tidying entrance reception areas of buildings, sorting and distributing mail of multi-tenanted buildings.
The Westway Trust is a unique charity that stewards the resources of 23 acres of space under the Westway. In 2019 a local community campaign ensured that the Board of the Trust is led by local people and the Westway Trust now works together with the local community to enable North Kensington to thrive.
The key skills and qualities of a Caretake are:
* Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
* Three years of working with a property team or as a caretaker or in a similar role.
* Electrical and plumbing experience and / or qualification is desirable but not essential.
* Good understanding of technical information, building construction and design.
* Practical ability to use and maintain tools.
* Experience of working in public open spaces.
* Good people management relationships.
* Have good time management, organisational, communication and administrative skills with the ability to work under pressure.
* Proficient at managing databases and programmes.
* Experience of handling anti-social behaviour matters.
* A keen eye for detail and presentation in all aspects of work.
* Holding a clean full driving licence is desirable.
* Good knowledge of the local area would be particularly helpful.
If you have the required skills and experience to excel in this role and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure the highest quality standards, we would love to hear from you
Other jobs you may like
Trainee Leakage Technician
- @ Garniche Jobs London
- Waltham Forest, Greater London