Career Level Manager
Cumberland Group specialise in the fit-out industry of retail, High End Residential and commercial projects throughout the UK. We are looking to expand within our joinery department due to many exciting projects on the horizon and seek to increase our manufacturing workforce to assist in delivering various projects.
As a bench joiner your key responsibilities will be the manufacture of timber and timber-based products, such as cabinetry, within our modern joinery factory. You will be part of a dedicated team producing high quality bespoke products.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills required:
* Must have experience as a time-served joiner, or be apprenticeship trained with an NVQ level two in bench-joinery / carpentry and joinery
* Must have worked in a similar manufacturing environment
* Experience of hand-tool use as well as wood-working machinery
* Capable of working from drawings and CAD producing material to a high standard
* The ability to work accurately and methodically whilst meeting deadlines
* An excellent eye for detail
* Require minimal supervision and be capable of working both independently and as part of a team
* Good communication skills
* Adhere to safe working practices at all times
* Good timekeeping and attendance record
* Manual handling is required as part of this role; therefore, you will need to have an appropriate level of physical fitness to carry out your duties.
Flexibility in this role will be required as some overtime may be necessary, possibly involving weekend work.
We will provide an induction for operating our machinery but, previous experience is a must.
We are always trying to attract employees who will add value to our business and that we can help to develop. So, if you have a desire to learn, to take on new experiences and responsibilities, and want to progress your career, then we will aim to provide that opportunity for you. We actively look for people who want to stay and develop with us, and we work hard to provide an environment that helps our employees to progress.
£14-£20 per hour depending on experience