Career Level Manager
An award-winning practice of Chartered Surveyors and Construction Consultants based in Greater London is looking for "Clerk of Works" to join their growing team.
The successful candidate will need to have at least 10 years practical construction related experience in monitoring works on site and represent the interests of the client with regards to ensuring that the quality of both materials and workmanship are in accordance with the design information such as specification, drawings and quality standards. To ensure that inspections are performed in a manner that confirms the reported results.
• Study the contract drawings and schedules, and information produced by consultants and specialists
• Study the programme for issue of further information
• Study bills of quantities and/or specifications
• Study the Health and Safety Plan for the project
• Study relevant British Standards and Approved Codes of Conduct
• Establish lines of communication with the project Employer’s Agent, Quantity Surveyor, architect, the contractor’s site supervisory/project manager
• Clarify with the Employer’s Agent the standards to be met under the contract
• If requested, advise on materials, construction details, samples etc.
• Assemble and record documents supplied for use on site and clarify how they are expected to be used
• Be able to record findings via report style method