Career Level Manager
Job Title: Creative Director
Salary: £90,000- £95,000 dependent upon experience
Location: London/ Remote
Aeropeople are currently recruiting a Creative Director on behalf of our client, a multinational design company operating in the transportation, interiors and product design fields.
With more than 30 years’ experience, their design portfolio spans interiors for premium resorts and hotels, aircraft cabins and lounges for major airlines and interiors for the world’s most luxurious trains. They also specialise in new product design as well as interiors for leading healthcare and wellness brands. From offices in London, Singapore and Dubai, their multi-disciplinary teams cover a range of skills from ideation and concept development to industrial design, branding and programme delivery.
The Creative Director will initially have 7 direct reports across the design team plus the Business Development Manager although part of the role will be to grow the team. You will be based in the office in East London 3 days per week and work remotely 2 days per week.
* Ensure that projects are managed in accordance with project management best practice, particularly with respect to:
* Quality of output
* Timely delivery
* On-time invoicing
* Control of costs
* Change control
* Lead, manage and motivate the design teams (Aviation and Hospitality)
* Ability to work flexibly and outside of normal office hours to meet customer programme delivery requirements
* Ability to travel internationally, subject to notice, as required to support customer programmes
* Client management
* Encourage, motivate, mentor and develop core employees
* Encourage and lead innovation in the fields in which the company is involved is involved.
* Expand the range of services offered to clients e.g. branding, procurement etc.
* Support sales with output from the team to ensure high quality pitches with a view to raising turnover to given annual target.
* Manage Public Relations (with external assistance as required)
* Responsible for compliance with corporate governance
– Salary up to £95,000 dependent on experience
– 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
– Standard Pension
– Up to 25% shareholding depending on performance
– Associated profit share
* Degree level qualification in a design stream.
* Previous experience in design practice (product industrial design)
* Previous experience of managing a design team
* Very strong creative ability and able to think innovatively
* Good communication skills
* Be able to build rapport with clients, suppliers, representative organisations and statutory agencies
* Strong time management skills and motivation
* Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
* Understanding of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
* Knowledge of industry standard design tools and the Microsoft Office suite of products
* Sourcing Information – Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
* Good practical organisational skills
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs