Job ID 1261831
Career Level Manager
iPeople Solutions is currently recruiting for Senior EHC Caseworker for our client based in London and surrounding areas.
The successful post holder will be required to support children and young people with SEND between the ages of 0-25 years.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* To work with children young people and families to identify their wishes and views.
* To be responsible for receiving and interpreting reports and advice for proposed education health and care plans for children with SEND aspirations.
* To work in a multidisciplinary way to identify needs, outcomes and proposed resourcing for the child’s education health and care plan across health education and social care.
* To write the EHCP within national guidance and local guidance for education health and social care, and with detailed knowledge of the boroughs ‘Local Offer’, including awareness of teaching approaches and methods of differentiation and local school places and types
* To be aware of thresholds for of resourcing, including personal budgets, and be able to assess and recommend indicative levels of personal budget in line with local policy if requested by the family and agreed by the relevant team manager.
* To independently meet with parents to discuss proposed EHCP’s and parental response to EHCP’s, negotiating and resolving and areas of disagreement, with an awareness of local resource.
* To maintain and update database in relation to all special educational needs processing and ensure statistical data is available to colleagues and others.
* To ensure that the decisions of the relevant decision-making panels are carried out in a timely way
* To keep up to date with current legislation and undergo training as appropriate for professional development, including SEND, safeguarding and support.
* To record and monitor complex meetings as required and take appropriate action.
* Professional qualification related to working with children at degree or higher education level.
* Knowledge of the code of practice as it affects performance targets and funding for children to meet their SEND needs
* Knowledge of the SEND reforms 2014
* Understanding of SEND and how it affects learning and social inclusion.
* Understanding of mental capacity
* High level of attention to detail
* Negotiation skills and conflict resolution
* Ability to work to competing deadlines and to be able to prioritise independently.
* Excellent written skills
* Well-developed organisational skills
Working hours: 09.00- 17.00, Monday -Friday
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your CV