Career Level Manager
EMC Engineer – Remote Working with occasional travel to London
* Flexi-time (40hr week)
* Private Healthcare & Pension
* 28 holiday + Bank Holidays
AKKA UK have a new requirement for an EMC Engineer to work within our Rail division. You will be supporting our existing EMC Systems Engineer with documentation following on from testing of equipment. You will be required to work closely with suppliers and stakeholders to gather documentation and requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Liaising with suppliers and stakeholders to gather documentation and requirements
• Performing and checking calculations for technical notes
• Interpreting and assessing test report results.
• Requirements capture & management: Capture Customer & End user needs and distill into Functional and non-functional requirements. Manage the derivation & flow-down of lowerlevel (Subsystem / component) Requirements.
• System Architecture definition: from the agreed System requirements, assist in the definition of candidate System architectures. Undertake candidate trade-off studies / Decision Analysis to arrive at agreed Functional & Physical Solution Architecture
• System Design: create detailed system / subsystem designs, including buy / team / make decisions, specification of internal / external interface definitions & information flows.
• Ensure Specialty Engineering (Safety, Security, ILS) is fully integrated within the Systems Design lifecycle with emphasis on reducing whole-lifecycle costs and ensuring that a supportability solution is “engineered in”
• Writing interface control documentation
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 2-5 Years’ experience
• Rail industry background
• Experience of liaising with suppliers and stakeholders at all levels
• Experience working with EMC documentation
• Experience of assessing test report results
• Experience in EN 61000 required and EN 50121 beneficial.
• Exposure to ETCS