Job ID 1261274
Career Level Manager
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Administrator to join our Finance team.
Location: Hybrid – the role is based in High Holborn, London with some homeworking
Salary: £26-£28k per annum (depending on experience)
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
The Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre (ICNARC) is a small, independent, nationally and internationally respected, scientific, not-for-profit organisation (c50 staff), that uses accurate data to help improve the quality of critical care through audit, research and education, conducted with and in the interests of patients and those who care for them.
About the role
This is a varied role with an emphasis on generating invoices/credit notes and uploading data to portals. The successful candidate will be conscientious and well organised with excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
In this role you will:
* Lead on processing supplier invoices including the request of purchase orders.
* Lead on credit control including sending reminders on outstanding accounts to support the ICNARC cash flow and working capital.
* Create supplier and customer accounts in the accounting system following laid down policy and procedure, minimising the risk of fraud.
* Lead on preparation of monthly aged creditors report reconciling it to supplier and balance sheet related accounts.
* Lead on coding supplier invoices to correct ledger account in the accounting system for accurate management reporting.
* Prepare and process BACS payment runs on a regular and prompt basis to protect ICNARC's credit rating.
* Process supplier payments and reconcile their accounts including monthly Barclaycard.
* Match supplier payments from bank statements to the accounting system.
* Review and process staff, trustees’ and non-staff expenses claim.
* Undertake petty cash reconciliation as required.
* Assist in processing customer invoices.
* Assist in the preparation of year-end schedules.
* Manage accounts mailbox to ensure customers and suppliers receive a prompt response to queries.
* Performs clerical duties, including, but not limited to, mailing and filing correspondence, placing orders.
What you’ll need to succeed
In order to succeed, it is essential that you have experience of working in the office and of supporting, at an administrative level, finance related activities. You will also have knowledge of using Office 365 tools including Word and Excel and hands on experience with accounting software. Charity experience is desirable but not essential.
What you will get in return
In return, you will receive compensation of between £26k and £28k working for a well-established scientific organisation in the centre of London.
* 25 days holiday per year, increasing with length of service
* Flexible working
* Interest-free season ticket loan
* Life assurance and wellbeing support
* Enhanced pension scheme
* Enhanced sick pay
* Enhanced maternity/adoption pay
* Employee assistance programme
* Support with further academic/professional development.
Start: As soon as possible
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, and the advert will be closed early if an appointment is made prior to the closing date so please do not delay in applying.
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
No agencies please