Job ID 1265515
Career Level Manager
Based 3 days a week at our HQ in East London
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join our team. This is a really exciting role if you’re ambitious, keen to learn and progress. You’ll be responsible for recognising the revenue for circa 70% of Goodlord’s products. And, you’ll be slap bang in the middle of the most interesting things the Finance team is doing!The Company
* One in five people in the UK rent their homes. Goodlord's mission? To provide them with the best renting experience in the world
* We are a secure and growing company that are at the forefront of digitising the rental experience
* Founded in 2014, with over 300 Goodlordians and we recently announced a £27m funding round, which is intended to support ambitious moves – possibly including M&A – and we need to attract top talent to help us achieve our mission!!
* You’ll look after our general ledger and own the month end process for your part of our group
* You’ll be managing all elements of our billing process with the support of a more junior member of our team
* You’ll focus on operational improvement, to eliminate manual intervention, errors, and to automate where possible
* There is an opportunity to line manage a junior member of the team (no prior management experience necessary)
What we need from you
* You must be CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified, with some post qualified experience
* You need to have experience of and be confident in running a month end process – experience presenting to the board would be super useful!
* Experience in maintaining a general ledger (You can put together manual journals, when required and are used to reconciling balance sheet accounts)
* Spotting a manual, error prone process and implementing a fix is second nature to you!
What’s in it for you:
* 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
* 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
* 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot (subject to passing probation and fair usage principles). We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
* 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
What’s next?If you’re ready to help us provide the best renting experience in the world, then click apply (2-3 minutes application time – max)!
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application.
Come and join us!** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check (including ID and DBS check) via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE – We have agency partners who would always be our first port of call