Career Level Manager
Power engineering contractor operating within the rail industry requires a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join their busy team.
With decades of experience working on all aspects of high voltage railway electrification schemes for Network Rail, such as traction power and low voltage distribution systems, this is an excellent environment for a Junior QS to take their first steps in the industry.
Responsibilities will include:
* Attending and taking active part in site meetings
* Assisting with variations, valuations, payments, invoicing and cost reporting
* Keeping a record of sub-contract documents/drawings, updating the procurement schedule when needed
* Managing sub-contractors
* Maximising profitability
* Assisting with cost control and forecasting of site expenditure to completion
* Re-measuring and evaluating additional works
To be considered for this Graduate QS opportunity, a degree (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management is required, as well as a driving licence. Applications are welcome from graduates newly qualified in those subjects, or a Graduate / Junior Quantity Surveyor from the rail, construction or utilities sector who is looking to join a strong team where they will learn a tremendous amount and take their career to the next stage.
Apply to Andrew Snelgrove at Deploy