Career Level Manager
GRADUATE ROLE ONLY, looking for smart recent grads.
Our Client, is a leading multi-disciplinary set of Barristers' Chambers, providing unrivalled expertise across a broad spectrum of the law, and are looking to appoint a Fees Clerk to strengthen its high performing Fees Team. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to confidently conduct effective dialogue with our barristers, as well as liaise efficiently with external clients.
Reporting to the Senior Fees Clerk, the post holder will gain a strong understanding of both fees collection and billing processes. Proficient administration skills and high levels of motivation are essential.
* Provide day to day support to the Senior Fees Clerk and Members across all aspects of Chambers’ fees activities including billing and collection of aged debt.
* Upload payments onto the database and ensure receipts are sent to Members in a timely and efficient manner.
* Prepare fee notes / invoices in accordance with criteria set by relevant funding organisations including the Crown Prosecution Service, Legal Aid, Conditional Fee Agreements, and Local Authorities, as well as those with specific agreements such as insurers, Government bodies, and clients with agreed fee schedules.
* General administration including dealing with queries by telephone and email around agreed reductions, amendments to fee notes, requests for bank details etc.
* Negotiate with fee earners and / or cost draughtmen as required, in order to determine Members’ fees.
* Liaise and communicate with the Clerks on a regular basis, not least when there is a necessity to comprehend why a particular fee has been rendered.
* Follow rigorous Chambers’ fee processes when entering data and dealing with Members’ billing and collection.
* Ensure information entered onto the Chambers systems and sent to Chambers’ clients is precise and that only the correct data is passed onto both solicitors and costs draughtmen.
* Provide year end information to Members to facilitate the preparation of their year end accounts. This may be requested via the Member’s accountant on a bi-annual or quarterly basis.
* Bank cheques and ensure receipts are accurately input / scanned onto the system.
* Experience of working in a similar environment in a financial role.
* Motivated, proactive, and eager to learn.
* The ability to demonstrate a capacity to articulate information concisely.
* Capacity to work effectively in a pressured environment.
* Ability to plan priorities with regard to workload and deadlines.
* Ability to work under own initiative.
* Well-presented and positive attitude.
* Being a team player is vital.
* Experience of billing system and Excel would be advantageous.
Terms of Employment
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000 pa dependent on experience.
Chambers offer private health care insurance, death in service insurance and a travel season ticket loan. 22 days annual leave.
The post-holder will automatically be enrolled into a workplace pension and contribution matched.
Our client observes and upholds an Equality and Diversity Policy which can be viewed here and is also pleased to make reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process for any disabled candidates, if so required.
For all enquiries please contact:
ABC Chambers Solutions LLP – (phone number removed) – 38 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1EN