Career Level Manager
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Location: Tower Hamlets
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Full time
GSL Education is currently looking to appoint an experienced Graduate Teaching Assistant at one of our client Primary schools in Tower Hamlets. The school is looking for someone who will be responsible to provide specific subject support for teaching and learning, to raise the progress and achievement of children.
About the Teaching Assistant role:
· To maintain and analyse records of children progress
· To set, mark, assess and record class and homework tasks as appropriate; providing feedback to the subject teacher
· To provide whole class support, small group tuition or individual support to children as appropriate
· To produce and maintain classroom resources, displays and classroom layout in consultation with the teacher / Head of Faculty
· To engage with the whole school monitoring programme, CPD programme and Performance Management process for staff development purposes
· To liaise with parents and carers as appropriate
The successful individual must have the ability to motivate students and achieve excellent results and have the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a successful team.
Ideal candidates will:
· Have previous experience working as an Graduate Teaching Assistant.
· Have good honours degree in relevant subject (minimum 2:2)
· Support pupils who are experiencing learning difficulties
· Be able to establish meaningful positive relationships quickly;
· Have Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work to deadlines
· Demonstrate energy, vigour, perseverance and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude along with a commitment to assisting others in your team
Please be advised that this role requires a strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection and that successful applicants must satisfy all background safer recruitment checks.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency which aims to provide quality teaching and support staff in schools throughout Greater London. All of our current adverts apply to real vacancies.
For more information or to be considered for this role, please click ‘apply’ and submit a full (10 year), up-to-date CV and one of our dedicated consultants will be in touch