Career Level Manager
HEAD OF TECHNICAL OPERATIONS (FIRE & SECURITY) – LONDON – £60,000 PER ANNUM BASIC SALARY
Our client are a Fire & Security specialist firm based in the South London area who have over 30 years of combined experience in the sector. They deliver tailored fire and security solutions to residential, commercial and public sector organisations throughout the UK. They have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Technical Operations (Fire & Security) to join their team on a Full-time, Permanent basis.
This role will provide the overall responsibility and accountability for the Technical Engineering function across the UK which includes both people and budgetary management and being part of the management team which determines all business decisions.
* Starting salary of £60,000 per annum, rising to £65,000 per annum upon successful completion of probation period
* Field & Office based position.
* Company van & fuel card.
Your role as Head of Technical Operations (Fire & Security) will include:
Role & Responsibilities:
* Overall responsibility for Technical Engineering activities across the business.
* Create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
* Ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
* Take ownership of the engineering policy, guidelines and any associated documents.
* Working with the General manager (GM) on maintaining existing and acquiring new service accreditations for the business including the ongoing development of internal processes to match the ever-changing needs of the accreditation bodies to improve efficiency and compliance.
* Providing Technical support to the internal business and onsite engineering teams.
* Responsible for overseeing all aspects of build, and design, from contract award to handover of all Technical works.
* Set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Technical team to measure quality and efficiency across all works to aid in team reviews and appraisals.
* Report on Engineering activities on a regular basis to the CSO, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant.
* Working alongside the FLM on the training & development plans for the technical teams engineers inducing apprenticeships (where appropriate), internal training programmes, external training requirements and on-site training.
* Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on engineering activities.
The Ideal Person:
* Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development.
* Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers.
* A strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
* Commercially and financially astute with experience in managing budgets.
* Technical mindset
* An appreciation of and an ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures
* You will hold a Full UK driving License or equivalent.
This is a truly great opportunity and the successful candidate will receive a very competitive salary package & additional benefits.
Key Words: Management, Technical Engineer, Technical Engineering, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Security Systems Engineer, Security Installation Engineer, CCTV, Access Control, Door Entry, Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms, Fire and Security Engineer, Fire Alarm Engineer, Fire Systems, Life Safety Systems, CCTV Engineer.
DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY – APPLY NOW
Get Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days, your application for this position has been unsuccessful