Job ID 1341960
Career Level Manager
Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Hybrid working (2 days in office / 3 days from home)
Paying up to £80,000 DOE + fantastic benefits including bonus (10%-20%), BUPA health insurance, 4 x salary life assurance, season ticket loan, excellent pension scheme, sponsorship for relevant qualifications, 25 days holiday plus ability to buy & sell, plus more
This is an opportunity to join a company who sees year-on-year growth, is a genuine market leader in the financial services software industry and one who cares about the development of its staff.
In this role of Infrastructure Engineer, you will have the chance to work with a varied technology stack during a period of IT transformation across the business. They are looking for a strong Windows skill set to join an innovative and growing team, who have a number of exciting projects to deliver.
* Managing, maintaining and securing internal IT infrastructure. This includes Servers, Hardware, Virtual Environment, LAN & WAN, Storage and Telecoms.
* Implementation of new technology as part of many upcoming projects.
* Providing escalation support to the other internal IT teams.
* Maintaining up to date and effective documentation on all relevant IT systems, services and procedures.
* Assisting in the Development and control of the IT security policy and associated policies.
* Ensuring security on all systems and legal requirements are met.
* Assisting in the management and responsibility for company data ensuring that all backup and restore procedures are adhered to and effective.
* Ensuring that any planned changes to the IT infrastructure are efficient, viable and documented in line with Change Control methodologies.
Key Skills / Requirements:
* 5+ years commercial experience
* Hands on experience of Microsoft Windows Server (AD, Group Policy, DFS etc)
* Experience of Microsoft 365 and compliance components
* Good understanding of Cloud stacks (Azure and AWS)
* Experience with Server virtualisation (VMware / Hyper-V)
* Knowledge of monitoring solutions (Zabbix / Nagios / Graylog / Grafana)
* Experience of Switching / Routing and Firewall management and network protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, wireless, DNS, VPN etc.)
* Experience of HP Server Hardware
* Good understanding of SAN/NAS Management
* Experience of Administration through automation using Powershell
* Data backup technologies
* Proactive, collaborative team member
* Background working in financial services
* Experience with configuration management (such as Puppet or Salt)
* Understanding of VDI and RDS environments
* Experience of Email and Messaging systems (Postfix, Dovecot, Roundcube, Microsoft Exchange)
* Experience with SDN Technologies
* Security Patch management
* Knowledge of 3CX phone systems
If you are an experienced infrastructure engineer / systems administrator with the listed skills and experience then please apply now to find out more