Career Level Manager
Intermediate Estimator required in Essex
GVR Solutions are working with a well-established Bespoke Joinery & Fit Out specialist, who operate in the Commercial, Retail, Residential & Hospitality sectors. Due to finishing 2021 well and having a strong order book for 2022, they are looking to take on an Intermediate Estimator to their growing team. They are currently turning over £7m but are looking to increase that steadily back to £15m where they were a few years ago.
The projects they undertake range from light strip outs & fit outs around £150k, to more bespoke projects from £500k upwards to £7m. These projects are mainly in London & the South East but can be a little further afield. A large percentage of their work is through repeat business, this is achieved through their high standards of service and quality, which then provides excellent customer satisfaction.
As an Intermediate Estimator you will be expected to:
* Prepares and estimates budget costs for construction by studying plans and specifications.
* Evaluates offers to purchase by site requirements, additions, and costing changes.
* Resolves cost differences by analysing and collecting info.
* Writes up and presents budgets, reports, and project plans.
* Develops bids for construction projects.
* Works closely with architects and other professionals.
* Schedules meetings with clients, site managers, and staff.
* Navigates and understands building codes.
* Processes paperwork and travels to building sites as required.
* Monitors construction processes.
* Stays up to date with safety codes and improvements in construction.
The successful Intermediate Estimator will possess:
* Minimum 3/4 years estimating experience within a Joinery or Fit Out business
* Knowledge of building material components
* Good estimating skills (including taking off).
* Computer skills, especially Excel
* Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities
* The ability to analyse and assess risk.
* Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
* Good organisation skills, analytical reasoning and attention to detail
* Local knowledge of suppliers and subcontractors
This is a great opportunity to work for a company that is improving and growing year by year, they offer fantastic on the job training and there is scope for progression within the company. Please get in touch if you meet the above Intermediate Estimator requirements and would like to know more