Career Level Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an estimator who will work alongside our dynamic sales department! You will benefit from working within a supportive learning environment ensuring your personal development and opportunity to progress. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and has a ‘can do’ attitude to join our enthusiastic a friendly team!
This will be an Office based role using Autocad software.
* Keep up to date product cost lists for each of our different materials
* Liaise with clients who send you their quote requests, establish clearly what they want and request any further information required like drawings or measurements etc…
* Work out the required area in m2 of the façade cladding product from the drawings, this is referred to as a ‘drawing take-off’ and is best done using the Autocad software
* Add the area required into the quote costing template
* Find the relevant product cost, add this into the quote template and then add our margin %
* Add in any other relevant information, like colour, texture and any ‘specials’
* Show the finished quotation to the senior estimator or technical manager, and then send to the client
* Follow up with the client with any further explanations or info
* Hopefully later on receive the order, check it and hand over to the project management team
* Make a cup of tea and have a biscuit to celebrate!
* This role includes general administrative support to the estimating department
* Product training provided
* Have an eye for detail and an ability to extract important information
* Strong time management and general organisation skills
* The ability to work within tight deadlines whilst supporting the sales & estimating department with urgent requirements
* Positive, proactive, and flexible approach – a ‘can do’ attitude
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy
* Good analytical ability
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is essential.
* At least 12 months’ work experience in a product distribution or construction related background.
* Your current or previous job will have included pricing or estimating, including calculating the selling price by adding the required margin to the cost. We would also consider candidates with financial accounts experience, because we value an analytical and thorough approach.
* Any experience in the facades industry, including knowledge of how to read an elevation drawing would be desirable.
* Autocad experience
Mon- Friday 8.30 – 5.30 (1 hours lunch)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£35,000.00 per year