Job ID 1324393
Career Level Manager
YourRecruit are currently recruiting for an IT Security & Compliance Lead, working for an established multi-academy trust, based in Sidcup, covering the South & South East of England.
Our client is looking for a Technically strong IT Security lead, who has substantial knowledge of cyber security and data protection risks, and experience of leading IT technical teams. Our client will also consider candidates who are a secure Senior Technician or Network Manager wanting to develop into the role, with full support being offered.
Salary: Circa. £51,925
Location: Sidcup – Hybrid working. Expected to travel to different academies when required.
Working hours: 37 hours per week
As part of the role, you will lead a small team of engineers to assist with day to day helpdesk support, network auditing and preventative maintenance. You will also link with other sections of the team and work closely with the Operations Lead, who oversees the regional support, and the Data Lead, who oversees the Data Management and GDPR.
This role is an exciting position for you to take a strategic and transformational lead on developing the work that has been started over the past few years; building something that has lasting impact across the trust.
* 25 days annual leave plus 2 discretionary days & Bank Holidays. Holiday Increase Yearly, up to 32 days.
* Local governing pension scheme.
* Discounted Vouchers, including free eye tests at Specsavers.
* Full support for wellbeing at work.
* A wide variety of opportunities for professional development.
* Responsible for the monitoring, auditing and proactive planning for cyber security.
* Support and advise the wider IT team to ensure compliance against the business and national policies and regulations.
* Lead project roll out for security and compliance strategic actions.
* Review and maintain the policies for compliance with the organisation's obligations (including legislation, regulatory, contractual and agreed standards/policies), with particular responsibility on security and risk policies.
* Drive the strategy and annual priorities by taking responsibility for overseeing continual improvements in security, safeguarding and compliance solutions and/or processes.
* Escalate to the Director of IT & Data any data/cyber security breaches they are made aware of and oversee breaches are resolved in a timely manner.
* Identify potential security and/or risk associated with upgrade projects across the trust that may have a negative impact in the continuity of service.
A full list of responsibilities can be discussed further after an initial call to fully understand the responsibilities.
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
* Substantial knowledge of cyber security and data protection risks.
* Experience of leading and line managing IT technical teams.
* Substantial experience of working with IT network and infrastructures.
* Experience of leading and planning large scale projects to IT systems, from initial design and specification through to ongoing support.
* Experience of managing contracts and holding suppliers to account for quality assurance.
* Secure knowledge of Google Workspace.
* Secure knowledge of Microsoft Windows and associated Microsoft server environments.
* Knowledge of the ITIL 4 framework or equivalent.
* Knowledge of education sector and relevant education systems and software.
* Experience of performance managing teams and managing budgets.
* Successful candidate will be required to travel within the UK. Must hold a UK driver's licence and vehicle.
This post is subject to a full Enhanced DBS check
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search