Career Level Manager
Land and Acquisitions Specialist – London
A rapidly growing renewable energy project developer that delivers sustainable energy solutions through end-to-end projects is seeking to expand its operations and has created a new position for a Land and Acquisitions Specialist.
Supporting a portfolio of clients through the decarbonisation of heat, power, and transportation, they have grown significantly as a company has recently opened a new office in Central Cardiff, to support the delivery of exciting projects.
As a Land and Acquisitions Specialist, you will be working within projects at different phases of development, from site acquisition, to obtaining planning permission, and be responsible for managing all aspects of the land acquisition process.
Your responsibilities as the Land and Acquisitions Specialist will include:
* Identifying land for strategic and project-related targets and supporting Project Managers with land identification and acquisition.
* Conducting land negotiations and supporting to obtain board and investment committee approval.
* Supporting with commissioning design and planning reports to assist with the planning process.
* Maintaining and expanding key contact base and the management of consultants such as estate agents and landowners.
* Supporting with any land-related information required for the pre-planning and planning process with local authorities and communities.
* Supporting the wider business on projects and issues as required, including potential business development or tender submissions.
* Semi-regular travel across the UK.
* 5+ years’ experience in the land acquisition process from site identification, exchange, through to achieving planning, including option and lease negotiation on industrial and agricultural land.
* Knowledge of all aspects of land purchase, including sales, commercials, technical, design, and legal aspects.
* Experienced in working with and managing external consultants, developing new and positive relationships with third parties such as land agents, planners, architects, local governments, and more.
* Experience working with local councils and statutory authorities.
* Strong skills in full MS Office Suite, notably Powerpoint, Excel, and word.
* Experience in renewable land development, and ideally knowledge of the renewable energy industry (predominantly Wind, Solar, and Battery Storage) is an advantage, but not essential.
* Ideally degree qualified, preferably within a relevant study such as quantity surveying, project management, planning, environmental studies, or sustainable engineering.
* Professional accreditation is an advantage.
What this is offering:
* A salary starting at £35,000 ranging to £55,000 based on experience and technical knowledge
* Huge potential to progress in your career
* Hybrid working
* 28 days annual leave + national holidays
* An opportunity to learn from some of the leading minds within Green Hydrogen