Career Level Manager
Please note : This opportunity is available only to UK residents living and working in the UK
My client contributes its continued success to their dedicated team, they invest significant time and effort into each individual; training and assisting with their personal and professional development, encouraging their strengths while offering a good work/ life balance. The company itself has been providing complex Control Systems for Process Control, Automation and Telemetry to customers worldwide for over 30 years.
Core skills lie in PLC, SCADA, HMI, MIS, MES, RTU, control system software engineering, data acquisition, bespoke software and LV Assemblies and Electrical installation, their expertise in panel building and electrical installation allows them to offer full turnkey solutions. They approach each project with a fresh outlook and use their knowledge and partnerships to stay a step ahead of the competition, offering the most advanced, innovative and cost effective solutions.
The Lead Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for the full life cycle delivery of the project in both technical compliance and quality. Attending meetings with clients to discuss the design, surveys, programming, configuration, testing and commissioning.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar environment and good knowledge of PLC’s, SCADA, HMI, variable speed drives and instrumentation products.
* Writing detailed functional design specifications
* Configuration of system architecture, network connections
* Production, modification, testing and commissioning of SCADA & PLC software
* UK Site commissioning (which may involve short periods away from home)
* For Lead positions my client would look for the ability to manage and motivate a team of engineers to get the best output.
Required Skills / Experience
* Software Engineering Degree and/or Electrical qualifications
* Good verbal and written communication
* Previous control system experience ( 2 years+ )
* Experience of PLC programming of at least one of – Rockwell / Siemens / Mitsubishi PLCs
Experience of SCADA development of at least one of – Wonderware System Platform, Rockwell FTViewSE, WinCC, ClearSCADA, Iconics
* Clean UK Driving License
* Must be eligible to work in the UK
Desirable Skills (training may be provided where appropriate)
* Tender/Quote experience and Commercial understanding
* 17th or 18th Edition wiring Regulations City & Guilds 2382
* Panel design and manufacture or electrical installation experience (using CAD or ePLAN)
* Competitive salary
* Auto enrolment pension scheme
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (Rising to 30 after 5 years service)
* Company bonus scheme (after 1 year service)
* Private Health Scheme (invited to join after 1 year service)
* Access to their Wellbeing programme
* Access to Perkbox, this gives employees access to discounted shopping, eating out, cinema and even holidays
* Quarterly social events and team building days
* Overtime / expenses scheme
Full time position – Hours 08:30 – 17:15 – Monday to Thursday and 08:30 – 16:00 on Fridays