Career Level Manager
The Digital Bench is a forward-looking professional services company. Focusing on Data engineering and IT development, staff augmentation and project services in both the public and private sector, with a strong commitment to digital innovation.
We are looking for a motivated Front-end Developer to join our development team, to help our high profile clients build new technology products to address some of their biggest challenges globally.
You will be part of an exciting team responsible for developing a cloud-based web interface, supporting advanced analytics, complex mapping, and immersive visualisation. The platform is
currently used by big companies across the world, and you’ll be working with the team to scale it.
• Building a dynamic and responsive user interface.
• Contributing and developing UI experiences to the technology platform.
• Managing your and the work of your reports across multiple projects.
• Coaching and mentoring other Front-End Developers within the Unit.
• Leading code / design reviews on new and existing projects.
• Building functionality to be used on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
• Management of multiple projects at various stages of the development lifecycle in parallel, working on both high and low spec jobs. Overseeing the optimisation and refactoring of code as well as bug fixing in existing projects, conducting peer reviews on new and existing projects.
The successful candidate must be a team player and effective communicator, confident in their capability, whilst able to recognise areas for development. They should have a natural ability in developing others, nurturing best practice and consciousness in everyone. They must also be able to think creatively and should always be seeking new and more efficient ways to improve the application and associated development processes.
Skills and experience required
It is essential that you are able to demonstrate good commercial experience working with the following technologies:
• React (16.8+)
• Testing frameworks
• RESTful API’s
Candidates must be eligible for security clearance.
There will be occasional travel to the office in London.
We will consider strong part-time applicants