Career Level Manager
Our client is a leading engineering and manufacturing company that provide mechanical components for the MOD/Aerospace and Oil and Gas industries.
As the Material Buyer you will work as part of the Purchasing Team, driving and developing a fast paced and growing business coordinating between departments to ensure the manufacturing team have the correct parts.
* Identifies and processes requisitions from MRP inventory and non-MRP inventory requirements to meet production planning and sales requirements for assigned commodities.
* Assists in purchase order acknowledgements & placements with suppliers
* Report & resolve shipment issues with suppliers
* Resolves invoice discrepancies with Finance and/or suppliers.
* Ensures and maintains MRP system data integrity for supplier data including unit price, delivered lead-time, and EOQ.
* Expediting of Purchase Orders to achieve on time delivery.
* Resolves or notifies the Purchasing Manager to any situation impeding production workflow.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
* Knowledge of purchasing processes
* Must have experience in a buying role
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Good MS Office skills
* Working knowledge of MRP and ERP systems.
Education & Experience
* Experience working with IFS ERP/MRP systems desirable
* Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
* Aerospace and Defence sector experience – preferred but not essential.
* Procurement/ Supply chain qualification or studying towards – CPSM/ MCIPS or equivalent desirable