Career Level Manager
MOT TESTER / CAR MECHANIC Required
Independently owned vehicle repair and MOT station near Wimbledon seeks self motivated individual to join our team working on all makes and models of car and vans. As a time spent experienced technician you will be confident in carrying out servicing and repairs including but not limited to brakes, suspension, clutches, cam belts, cylinder head gasket replacements, welding repairs etc. You must have either City and Guilds or NVQ level 2 qualifications in vehicle service and repair or be a fully qualified Car Technician with at least three years recent experience post qualifying and have good diagnostic experience as you will be replacing a lot of major components, dealing with engine strip downs.
Prior experience of working to efficiency targets and a full UK valid driving license is also essential. You will be working alongside other technicians, so it is essential that you are a team player, able to work to deadlines and targets but also be self-motivated, organised and able to multi task. MOT tester will be an advantage but not a condition.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Carry out MOT. Carry out diagnosis and undertake a wide range of servicing and repair work on customer vehicles
* Ensures effective use of technical knowledge and skills enabling efficient, economic and safe servicing and repair of customer vehicles.
* Builds effective working relationships with colleagues.
* Completes repair and service records as well as any other appropriate activities as specified by Service Manager
* Analyses work orders carefully to understand a vehicle's condition, the accuracy of the diagnosis, and what work has been agreed to.
Key Attributes and Skills:
* Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team
* Demonstrate an honest and diligent approach to work.
* Has a flexible approach to time-keeping when completing jobs in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
* Systematic and organised; pays attention to the finer details.
* Previous diagnostic experience would be an advantage and a strong understanding of automotive systems and functionalities is essential.
* Taking readings, using a laptop or hand-held device connected to an engine's electronic control unit (found in newer vehicles)
* Checking and testing wiring and parts in older vehicles using portable instruments using the readings to find faults
* Diagnosing faults, using manufacturers' circuit diagrams and specification manuals
* Repairing or replacing faulty parts
* Retesting the system to make sure everything is working correctly and safely (this may include road testing the vehicle)
* You would work with a variety of electronic systems including electronic ignitions, alarms, and immobilisers and tracking devices.
* Electric windows, mirrors and seats, tow bar electrics and air-conditioning.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This is a full time permanent position, rates of pay negotiable on experience and hours to be discussed but minimum 40 hour contract would be offered to the successful candidate