Career Level Manager
An award winning, design-led practice based in Queens Park, London, is seeking a Part 2 Architectural Assistant with a proficiency in Vectorworks to join its expanding team in London.
They are currently looking for a talented and enthusiastic Part 2 architectural assistant with a minimum of two years’ work experience, in a UK design-led practice. Applicants should possess excellent design skills, good technical competence and good organisational skills and relevant experience of being part of an energetic team. The role offers excellent opportunities for career progression.
Role and responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist with expanding our project portfolio, including high end and development residential, mixed use commercial, student accommodation and co-living throughout the UK, with exposure to front end planning and technical, at an exciting time for the practice.
* A strong portfolio, showcasing good drawing skills, preferably including medium to large residential projects
* Good knowledge of the UK building regulations
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure where required
* Capable of engaging in all areas of the practice
* Excellent English, both written and verbal and eligible to work in the UK
Computer skills required:
• Excellent Vectorworks proficiency
• Strong 3D modelling experience (Sketch Up/3Ds Max)
• Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Revit and/or AutoCAD experience on live projects within the UK welcome
The successful candidates will be confident, friendly and efficient. They are able to work both independently as well as part of a dynamic and energetic team, happy to assist wherever required. The company encourages a positive work-life balance and to create a collective supportive ethos in the practice.
* Salary dependent on experience
* RIBA Pension scheme- 3% contribution from the company
* 22 days annual leave rising to 25 days with service in addition to UK public and bank holidays
* Discretionary three days paid holiday in addition to basic entitlement to cover Christmas closure
* Summer Fridays: the practice closes at 1pm in August
* RIBA and ARB membership fees paid for all qualified staff
* Comprehensive programme of in-house CPD seminars one day’s personal CPD provision per year
* Additional study leave for professional exams
* Gym membership for all staff with Fitness First
* Social and sports e.g. running, marathons, social evenings, drinks out etc.- summer trips e.g. Antwerp and days out
* Kitchen, showers and secure covered cycle storage facilities