Career Level Manager
Pharmacy Technician – Prison Based – up to £31545 – 37.5 hurs per week Mon-Fri
You will ideally have:
* GPhC registration as a pharmacy technician.
* At least 2 years’ relevant post-qualification experience working within a pharmacy environment and multi-disciplinary team
* NVQ Level 3, BTEC or equivalent
* Attention to detail and able to work in a pressurised environment
* Be able to interpret and assess a prescription prior to dispensing, supply or administration
* Computer literacy: be able to use computer systems, equipment and programmes with the healthcare department
* Able to establish good working relationships and work well as a team member
* Assist with the implementation and development of pharmacy support to all wings in the prison which includes where appropriate counselling of patients on the correct use of medication and administer medication once competent on the wings.
* Ensure clinical notes are maintained to the agreed standard at all times and that clients are appropriately assessed, admitted, care planned and discharged.
* Where set up, assist in the delivery of specialist services to prisoners e.g. smoking cessation, weight management, In Possession risk assessment clinics, medicines reconciliation
* Ensure that controlled drugs are stored and recorded in line with necessary procedures immediately escalating any problems to the Pharmacy Manager, Lead Pharmacist and Head of Healthcare as soon as they are detected.
* Assist in the delivery of a timely and efficient medicines management service to the Wing Treatment Services with responsibility for ensuring safe and appropriate access to medicines
* Issuing of ‘In Possession’ medicines where appropriate to prisoners in order to provide information in relation to medicines management, side effects and general medical advice.
Apply online for more information and a full job description