Career Level Manager
Physical Security Consultant
• Type: Permanent, Full time (37.5 hours per week)
• Location: London
• Salary: Competitive
PTS are a global technology consulting and project management company with 37 years of experience, specialising in digital infrastructure and workspace transformation. We offer clients a personalised service to transform their operations through technology.
At PTS we use our passion for technology and people to enable us to meet the needs of our clients and surpass them. By continuously evolving with a passion for solving problems, we strive to be the best.
PTS offer technology-enabled security solutions within the Data Centre environment, Workplace, and large-scale developments, including special services within the port and maritime domain, high-security facilities, and counter terrorism and defence.
Overview of the Role
PTS are currently recruiting for a Physical Security Consultant to join our Security team in London. Ideal candidates will have spent time within a technical, physical security environment along with installation and QA experience.
The Physical Security Consultant will provide design and advisory services to support to the Professional Services teams to ensure efficient production of technical designs and construction administration services to meet client requirements.
The candidate should have the ability to liaise with and confidently influence project stakeholders and the ability to work across a number of projects and coordinate internally with other technology design disciplines. To perform the role of Physical Security Consultant the successful candidate will:
• Provide security consultancy support, detailed designs, cost estimates and construction administration services in relation to the delivery of Electronic Security systems including; Video Surveillance Systems (VSS/CCTV) incl. Video Analytics, Access Control, Intruder Detection systems & PIDS, IP Audio & Video Intercoms, Security Control Room configurations, Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) systems, IP technology and network environment including server and workstation infrastructure that support these systems.
• Provide design documentation (reports/BoQs/ROM’s/drawings/schematics/schedules) to a very high level of detail.
• Liaise with all stakeholders internally and externally.
• Prioritise and work to tight deadlines with accuracy and tenacity.
• Represent PTS in a professional manner at all times and exercise excellent communication skills at all levels.
Description of Duties
Provide security consultancy from inception to submission, and throughout each project stage and specifically for projects related to the Built Environment throughout the RIBA design and construction stages.
• Identify the electronic security services that the customer requires to be deployed, e.g. Video Surveillance/Access Control/Intruder Detection.
• Define and detail how each technology will be used, who will be the main users, the expected number of users or specific user groups and any other specific requirements that will drive the configuration of each systems design.
• Surveillance camera coverage requirements – Confirm where each camera will be placed within the project boundaries identifying field of view and lens focal length.
• Identify security technology spacial requirements, power constraints and cable routing requirements or restrictions within the project boundary for each system type or requirement.
• Review and advise on operational, support, maintenance and cause and affect practices.
• Assess any specialty requirements in relation to integration with the other planned communication systems as well as any requirements for networking between sites (if any).
• Layout drawings showing cable routing and equipment locations.
• Recommendations and design guideline development.
• Develop a budget/BoQ for the cost of hardware components, implementation of the system, and support/maintenance.
• Attendance of project meetings and client design workshops/presentations.
• Develop documents and ITT reports in a clear concise manner according to the recognised PTS format.
• Assist in the development and drafting of Technical Specifications and drawings for all Physical Security projects.
• Ensure proper evaluation and reporting of man-hours against project Scope of Works.
• Ensure total awareness of Project deliverables and ensure PTS adherence to agreed Scope of Works.
• Attend and if applicable oversee Project meetings with the project team and client.
• Ensure that technical skills are kept up to-date and continually improved with each project via ‘on the job’ training and exposure to vendor developments and systems.
• Demonstrate a good understanding and knowledge of the design of Physical Security Systems.
• Good knowledge of Counter Terrorist design.
• Experienced in Secure by Design practices and CPTED principles.
• Experienced in design risk management methodologies.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint, Teams and Planner.
• Good knowledge of security design tools such as Bluebeam & Visio.
• Good knowledge of various manufacturer specific bandwidth and storage calculators.
• Good knowledge of IT and networking to a level that supports Physical Security System installations.
• Good understanding of architectural building plans, layouts and elevations (including cable, containment and connection schematics).
• Good understanding of power, cooling and containment systems that support Physical Security Equipment.
• Knowledge and use of Auto CAD (not essential).
Relevant Necessary Experience
• Experience within an electronic security systems design and engineering environment.
• Ideally Educated to degree level or the holder of ASIS PSP/CPP or CSMP certification.
• Candidate must have good industry knowledge and experience of Physical Security project installations or be prepared to engage in specific training to achieve a satisfactory level of knowledge.
The following experience would be an advantage:
• An understanding of the RIBA Stages architectural and engineering requirements and deliverables
• Demonstrable experience of working to tight deadlines with competing priorities
Background and Responsibilities
The role will suit someone who can meet multiple deadlines, deliver design to a detailed level, as well as prioritise and thrive under pressure. The successful candidate should have the ability to liaise with and confidently influence stakeholders and the ability to work across a number of disciplines.
• Excellent writing and literacy skills, in particular proof reading
• Excellent command of the English language
• Meticulous eye for detail
• Honest and forthright with the ability to challenge constructively
• Ability to act on own initiative
• Team player
• Methodical process orientated approach
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A proactive and professional attitude
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list