Job ID 1262121
Career Level Manager
The Electoral Commission have an exciting opportunity for Political Analyst to join the team.
Location: London/ remote
Salary: £28,085 per annum
Job Type: Permanent and full-time
The Electoral Commission is the independent body which oversees elections and regulates political finance in the UK. We work to promote public confidence in the democratic process and ensure its integrity.
We are responsible for ensuring that political parties and campaigners in the UK comply with the laws in place to ensure transparency and free and fair elections.
Political Analyst – The Role:
We are recruiting for a Political Analyst to join our Monitoring team. This small team has a number of differing but equally important roles supporting and enhancing the work of other teams in the Regulation directorate.
Political Analyst – Key Responsibilities:
– Monitoring campaigning and other activity by political parties and campaigners where it relates to the political finance regime, particularly around major electoral events when the team is also expanded
– Ensuring that our internal processes are effective so that our regulatory work is of high quality and conducted consistently
– Our liaison work with the police, in dealing with areas where our work and theirs overlaps
The Political Analyst role is focused on the first of those responsibilities. The workload is varied and becomes intense during major electoral events. It can involve dealing with politically sensitive matters.
Political Analyst – You:
We are looking for a committed individual interested in UK politics and elections.
– You will have a strong detailed-oriented approach and excellent communications skills to contribute to the collection of regulatory intelligence and the monitoring of regulated entities’ campaign activities and their compliance with PPERA in the run-up to UK elections
– You do not need experience in the political finance regime, but you will have the ability to learn quickly and excellent organisational skills, with a proven track record of delivering results against challenging timeframes and competing demands
More information and how to apply
We offer excellent terms and conditions, including flexible working hours and the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension (dependent on scheme rules).
We would like to continuously increase the diversity of our employees. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates are particularly welcomed.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 12th March 2023 at 11:59pm. However, please do not wait to apply if you are interested as we reserve the right to close the application earlier, depending on number of applications.
We expect interviews to take place the week commencing 20th March 2023.
We may use video conferencing tools for the interviews. We will confirm details with shortlisted candidates.
To submit your application for this exciting Political Analyst opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now