Career Level Manager
Role: Product Support Specialist – DCC
Salary: £30k to £36k plus excellent Benefits
Location: Remote (ocassional travel to London office)
Our clients Software solutions are used extensively for: live events, interactive installations, graphics in advertisements, and TV as well as Movies. They now seek a Product Specialist to support their customer base with enquiries about their Software Products. You will have practical experience of one or more of these: C4D, Blender, 3DS Max, Notch or Maya
Support & Knowledge Point – 75%
* Provide support to the company’s user base through ticket responses.
* Be a point of knowledge within the business on the use of Industry DCCs
* Assist in the release testing cycle to ensure high quality releases.
* Work with the development team helping shape new features and providing source materials for upstream packages (modeling packages) and testing downstream outputs (bakes, compositing)
Community Engagement & Resource Development – 15%
* Develop product knowledge in the user base through the development of: manual material, short tutorial videos, timelapses, example projects etc.
* Engage with online social user communities (Facebook, CG Forums etc.)
* Attend and engage with meetups, industry events and tradeshows
Personal Practice / Knowledge Advancement – 10%
* Maintain a personal practice of creative / technical work, exploring the use of Notch and other tools
* Maintain & grow knowledge of other DCCs and how they interoperate with our client’s software packages.
Picture of Success
* Timely responses to customer support tickets
* Tool ‘sticky-ness’ – i.e. Products are used repeatedly by new studios and customers.
* Users moving beyond basic techniques into more advanced motion graphics
* 3 month onboarded user satisfaction
* An energised and engaged user community
* Reduced support tickets for issues that should be covered by training
* Great interpersonal skills – this role is all about relationships
* Strong command of written and verbal English
* 3+ years in product support in a DCC
* Or, 3+ years motion graphics or VFX experience
* Strong 3D skills with excellent command of either C4D, Blender, 3DS Max, Notch or Maya
* Experience with some wider industry tools: Houdini, Substance Designer, After Effects, Premiere
* Demonstrable abilities in mograph, lighting, materials, rigging, physics simulations.
* Ability to travel to the UK (if based in EU)
* Highly autonomous and self motivated
* Passion for the creative industries