Job ID 1262115
Career Level Manager
Property Maintenance Officer / Shift Engineers
Imperial London Hotels Group
40 hours a week (5/7 days a week Flexibility is required)
£26k + Benefits
Imperial London Hotels opened their doors to guests in Bloomsbury, Central London since 1837. All that time they have been operating as an independent family business, providing a warm welcome to those who stay in one of their Russell Square based Hotels.
Imperial London Hotels currently operates seven 3 & 4-star hotels in the heart of Bloomsbury. Independent and family owned, ILH has a unique heritage and culture that remains its foundation as it evolves and modernises.
The portfolio includes The Royal National Hotel which remains UK largest hotel with over 1,600 rooms. The Bedford Hotel, The City Sleeper, The President Hotel, The Tavistock Hotel, The Morton Hotel and The Holliday Inn, Bloomsbury.
Following a major refurbishment, The Imperial Hotel will open as ILH flagship 4* Deluxe Hotel in 2024.
We are now recruiting Shift Engineers for across our Imperial London Hotels at Royal National.
We don't want you to work for us, we want you to work with us and be part of our ILH Family.
With over 3076 bedrooms, 10 restaurants across our 7 Imperial London Hotels, our maintenance team are never short of something to do. Working with the Maintenance Manager you are responsible for making sure our hotels and other buildings are well presented and maintained at all times to ensure we deliver an exceptional experience for our guests.
No two days are ever the same in this role, though some of your key duties will include; general building repairs, minor electrical work, painting, carpentry work, outdoor landscaping and grounds maintenance, testing and monitoring the BMS and supervising contractors where necessary.
You’ll coordinate your daily tasks and any other scheduled maintenance activity with your front of house team to ensure requests are managed promptly and in a timely manner whilst operating in a safe and efficient way according to all H&S legislation and company policy.
What we’d like from you
If you’ve gained previous experience as a Shift Engineer or in general maintenance tasks that would be beneficial, though we are looking for an individual who loves to roll up their sleeves and isn’t shy of hard work, we’ll provide the training and support that you need to be successful in your role.
Flexible and adaptable with a can-do attitude, you have the ability to prioritise workload and deal with potential emergency situations if the arise. Able to work independently and as a team player, you’ll be comfortable both front and back of house from the kitchens to the guest bedrooms, and confident in speaking to both our guests and individuals across the business
What you’ll get in return
* Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days.
* Free Meals on Duty and Uniforms
* Workplace pension scheme
* £300 Refer a Friend Scheme
* Opportunity to explore other roles within ILH Group after 1 year of service.
* 50% discount to friends and family in our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
* Interest-free season ticket loan (after probation)
* Training and development through our ILH Group Academy
* Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
* Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, and Restaurant outlets
* Reward and recognition schemes
* e-points to be used across several high street brands and online retailers.
* Supported by Hospitality Action
* Wage stream – flexible access to pay
* Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets