Career Level Manager
My Client is a successful groundwork & structural concrete contractor based in West London. Who are now looking for a full time Surveyor / Estimator reporting to the commercial manager
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to work under pressure with the minimum of supervision. They will have a good level of education and will be computer literate with an in-depth knowledge of the construction process. They will be good communicators with excellent presentation, pricing and negotiation skills.
* Hands on, able to work individually or as part of a team
* Take contract from inception to final account
* Take off / Surveying from 1st principles
* Identify profitable leads and contracts.
* Delivering engaging, informative, well-organized presentations to new and existing clients for specific and new projects.
* Securing place on tender list with new and existing clients.
* Pricing from specification & drawings / Bills of quantities.
* Use of Causeway estimating (Training given if necessary)
* Obtaining tender prices from suppliers and sub-contractors including placing orders.
* Follow up tenders and input updates on contract detail sheets.
* Ensure tenders are returned on time.
* Ensure margins are allowed for and met.
* Secure profitable work.
* Forward prices, program, details and lead times to building team.
* Attend weekly/monthly progress reporting / progress meetings.
* Update estimating library to reflect up to date pricing and costs.
* Hand over secured projects to building team including agreement on negotiations, responsibility & program.
* Keep diaries updated with progress and tenders.
* Fortnightly/Monthly remeasures / valuations
* Monthly management information
* CVR’s monthly
* Cost control
* Familiar with contracts including but not limited to JCT & NEC
* Material purchasing control
* Issue contractual notices
* material pricing and orders
* Program control