Job ID 1261918
Career Level Manager
Qualified Social Worker – Redbridge – Looked After Children Team
* Carrying out Looked after Children reviews
* Working with cases in care proceedings
* Undertaking risk assessments
* Putting in place multi agency plans for children returning to their families
* Undertake direct work with children
* Undertake Life story work with children to address emotional contact needs and to achieve permanency
* Keeping up to date case recordings
* Report writing
* Preparing reports and presenting them to panels
* Complete various assessments in preparation for Court
* Preparing Care Plans and Pathway Plans
* Writing court reports and giving evidence in court
* Meeting timescales in line with legislation
* Completing statutory visits to Looked After Children
Benefits in this role:
* Supportive team and management
* Flexible working available
* Long term contract
* Progression opportunities
Your main responsibilities include:
* Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance, and support, reflecting the function of the team and the Vulnerable People Service in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
* Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
* You will be accountable for complex decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, service user involvement, needs led assessment, critical reflection, and analysis to inform this.
* You will identify and assess levels of risk and need (within statutory frameworks) in often complex situations. Undertake safeguarding investigations and deliver protective and/or supportive services for individuals at risk and maintain up to date assessments, care plans and reviews.
* You will be preparing statements of need/care and support plans, in consultation with other agencies as appropriate, that reflect the wishes of the individual and lead to the commissioning of personalised packages of care.
* You will undertake direct work with adults and their families in line with care plans.
* You will work co-operatively with both internal and external colleagues across multi – agency boundaries.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* 2 years+ post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Benefits of working with Remedy
A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs.
Referral bonus – up to £250* per person placed.
Double payrolls each week.You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions