Career Level Manager
Excellent opportunity for a highly motivated cell biologist to join the In Vitro Pharmacology department of a leading pharmaceutical organisation!
Your role will be to support the target-based screening, selection, triage and MOA studies within their immunology therapeutic area. You will apply your experience of cell biology, cell-based assay development and High Content Imaging/Analysis for the targeting of disease pathologies and profiling of both novel biological and chemical entities. You will also be adept at the development, optimisation and validation of methods and be able to demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot experiments.
* Contribute to running high-throughput cell-based screening assays using platforms such as flow cytometry, high content imaging and reporter-cell assays.
* Design, develop, execute in vitro assays and interpret complex cell biology assays.
* Perform tissue culture to support screening activities.
* Optimise and develop immunohistochemistry staining protocols.
* Set up fluorescence microscopy assays.
* Develop protocols for imaging analysis.
* Use of liquid handling and screening assay equipment.
* Analyse, visualize, report and present experimental data.
* A degree in Biology, Pharmacology or related disciplines with strong experience in cell biology
* Experience in tissue culture of primary human cells and cell lines
* Skilled in immunofluorescence/immunocytochemistry and image acquisition
* Experience in staining preparation samples in 96-384 well formats
* Experience in High Content Imaging
* A good knowledge of assay development, confocal and wide-field microscopy, high-throughput screening and automation platforms is desirable
Please note this role is initially offered on a 12 month contract with realistic opportunity to to be extended/made permanent.
Apply to VRS today to be considered for this career enhancing opportunity!
Key Words: Pharmaceutical, Research, Biology, Pharmacology, In Vitro, Immunology, Neurology, Therapeutic, NCEs, NBEs, High-throughput Screening, Cell-based, Flow Cytometry, High Content Screening, Report Cell Assays, Cell Culture, Primary Cell Isolation, Cell lines, Cell Biology, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, London, Oxford, Reading Slough, VRS7794TA
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website