Job ID 1266957
Career Level Manager
Equitas are currently working with an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ Secondary School based in the London Borough of Enfield. The role is a full-time, permanent position and is working with a high-achieving science department.
Salary – 24,500 to 29,500 depending on experience and working hours are 8:30 to 16:00 Monday to Friday
* Support the proper maintenance of all equipment, keeping it clean and ensuring that specific statutory inspections of specialised equipment are carried out.
* Ensure the safe disposal of used and surplus chemicals and cultures.
* Ensure that the requisite Health and Safety Regulations and Code of Practices are complied with for safety of staff and students.
* Ensure stock levels are monitored and maintained in area of responsibility.
* Request orders for new stock and equipment.
* Check safety of all laboratory electrical equipment and apparatus and appliances.
* Clerical support including record keeping within an area of responsibility.
* Dealing with spillages and accidents in the laboratories.
* Ensure that all laboratories comply with First Aid and Fire regulations.
* Provide timely and effective preparation of materials for lessons, through regular liaison with teaching staff.
* Responsible for all apparatus for practical lessons.
* Making specific apparatus for particular experiments and assessed practical.
* To ensure that laboratories and preparation areas are cleared after lessons and at the end of the day.
* Apply scientific and practical knowledge to ensure all experiments for external exams are timetabled and trialled so that they can be carried out effectively by the students.
* Advise the Head of Subject on practical improvements to enhance the use and service of the Faculty to support the delivery of the curriculum.
* At the stage of curriculum change, advise on improvements to the practical aspect of the curriculum.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with Rebecca moore today