Career Level Manager
SEN Teaching Assistant
* Various year groups
* Dagenham Secondary School
* Ongoing contract
We are currently looking for 2 SEN Teaching Assistants to join a secondary school in to support a number of children with special needs.
In this role you will be working with pupils with identified special needs across all year groups from year 7 to year 11. You will be supporting pupils to access learning during lessons and providing some specialist 1 to 1 intervention sessions as required. Your role will include some written reports and administration in relation to the pupil's needs and their progress. You will work closely with the School's SENCO and subject teachers.
Education and training
* Excellent standard of general education – degree preferable
* Relevant training
Skills and attributes
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong organisational skills
* Able to work well as a member of a team and contribute to its effectiveness.
* Ability to liaise professionally with other staff and with parents/carers.
* Able to establish excellent working rapport with pupils, employing patience and a range of strategies to build confidence, engage learning, positive focus and behaviour
* Ability to effectively support pupil SEND needs, select and employ appropriate strategies to address these needs.
* Ability to manage and work effectively with pupils as individuals and groups.
* Ability to effectively deliver learning materials to pupils and small groups, including the use of IT.
* Ability to motivate and guide pupils with SEND so that they make strong progress and achieve
* Flexible, self-motivated and positive attitude
This large, oversubscribed community secondary school is rated outstanding in every area and is very popular in the local community. The school offers a broad and balanced curriculum throughout KS3 and KS4. There is a highly experienced management team in place at the school who are committed to ensuring all pupils are given opportunities to make progress in both academically and personally. The school is dedicated to supporting pupils with additional needs and has an excellent reputation in this area. There is good training and professional development opportunities for staff within the school.
If this role is of interest, please apply ASAP with an up to date CV
We have a policy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Philosophy Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients