Job ID 1250004
Career Level Manager
TEACHING ASSISTANT – SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS – NORTH WEST LONDON
We are currently recruiting for Teaching Assistants to join our Education Team at our school based in Barnet.
About the position:
As a Teaching Assistant for children with autism and severe learning disabilities, you will be key in helping young people with complex needs in an educational setting. This is a challenging role, but the rewards as a Teaching Assistant are incomparable to any other job.
You will be working in an environment where the little things that you do every day could have life-changing results. Your ambition as a Teaching Assistant for the young people you support will help them take steps to fulfilling their potential.
What will you be doing?
* Supporting children with Special Educational Needs with their learning activities and helping with their social and emotional development
* Helping with the care and support of the children
* Contributing to the health and well-being of the children
What experience and qualifications do you need?
Ideally you will have a Teaching Assistant qualification or experience in working in a similar role, but more importantly you will have:
* A passion for supporting children
* Motivation by seeing the progression and development of others
* High expectations of our children, your colleagues and yourself
* A willingness to ‘go the extra mile’
* A sense of humour
* The ability to remain calm in testing situations and able to come back the next day and do it all again with a smile.
What will you get in return?
* Small class sizes
* A supportive team around you who will be ambitious for the school, the pupils and you
* Professional development and ongoing training
* Genuine career development opportunities
* Full funded DBS checks
If you are interested in hearing more information about this position, please contact Aimee at Remedy Education