Job ID 1261070
Career Level Manager
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Financial Services Research and Insights team.
As a Senior Analyst, you will contribute to an ongoing publication schedule of consumer insight and market intelligence across key markets, categories and trends. This will primarily be through data manipulation and drawing insights from data, as well as authoring of content. Additionally, a Senior Analyst will have an opportunity to manage projects, peer-review work delivered by junior team members, support our sales team in client conversations, and built their personal brand via PR activities.
Our content types include short opinion pieces, market and issue reports, PowerPoint case studies, Excel databases, interactive dashboards and in-depth issue reports. Additionally, analysts may be required to work on projects such as primary research and survey design, or bespoke deliverables for clients.
Our goal is to maintain and enhance GlobalData’s reputation as a provider of exceptional insight, helping the business decisions of thousands of clients, ranging from start-ups to global blue-chip companies. Our financial services division covers banking, payments, insurance, and wealth management.
Our analysts usually specialise in one of these areas, but they may be required to cover more than one subsector. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals ideally with experience in insurance, payments, or retail banking.
– Producing content that is well written, concise, and delivered to time. Formats used include PowerPoint and Word
– Manipulating datasets such as survey or market data to draw insights and provide unique understand of the market
– Managing projects run by the team, which can vary from owning reports series to primary research design
– Conducting primary interviews with industry experts.
– Conducting ongoing secondary research and reading to build your awareness of industry issues
– Responding to queries both from clients and commercial teams, and attending meetings with existing clients.
– Speaking at webinars and conferences.
The ideal candidate will:
– Have at least 3 years of professional experience either within research / insights role, or in the financial services industry
– Demonstrate interest in financial services and understanding of trends affecting the industry
– Have ability to articulate views clearly and with authority, both verbally and in writing
– Be able to “connect the dots” to create a story that delivers the “so what” to the audience
– Have excellent data manipulation skills in Excel – experience in data visualisation, forecast modelling, and software such as Tableau will be a plus
– Possess outstanding writing skills and attention to detail, being able deliver work that is well-written and thoroughly proofed before submission, in order to be published for clients to view with only a minor peer review
– Take responsibility for own projects and balancing core content production work with the commercial, sales & marketing aspects of the role
– Have developed areas of particular strength from a knowledge and analytical standpoint and be delivering analysis that showcases this
– Conduct both quantitative and qualitative research